Chapter Eight - Halloween Pranks

September soon flew by, Shaula splitting her time between Pandora, Sirius and his fellow Gryffindor buddies and her small amount of school friends. She had even surprisingly started getting closer to Lily and Severus. She had met Lily through Remus, who had then invited her to study with her and Severus in the library. When Shaula had been invited to spend time with the red haired girl and the Slytherin, she felt shocked. The Ravenclaw didn't expect to meet the two friends until later in her time at Hogwarts. However, after spending a couple study sessions with them, she asked if she could invite her best friend Pandora to join them.

Severus had seemed reluctant, but he had originally seemed reluctant about Shaula joining them. But Lily was happy to let the girl bring her friend, she had even felt bad that she may have been denying the two girls to study together. Shaula had merely waved off her concern though and stated that Pandora may not even come to many of the sessions as she liked to wonder around the castle alone a lot of the time. 

Shaula spent a lot of time also sending letters to her younger brother back home, with the occasional one to her parents with the basic information on her school work and that she was well. They rarely responded with nothing more than a meagerly 'Good job' more or less. The responses she gets from Regulus though, always made her happy. She had even managed to get Sirius to write letters to their brother. She told him all about Hogwarts and the lessons she has, about her teachers and her friends. She had made sure first however that Regulus wouldn't tell their parents that she was with muggleborns, halfbloods and blood traitors by bribing him with her secret stash of sweets she kept in her bottom bedside drawer under her socks. 

October had slowly came to a close, and before she knew it, Halloween was arriving. When Sirius and James had found out about the muggle tradition of 'Trick or Treating' and dressing up in scary costumes from Remus and Peter, Shaula knew to dread the mischief the four would come up with for the night.  The black haired girl thought over whether or not to warn her friends, and decided to only warn Pandora. She didn't want her best friend to get caught unaware in a prank that she might walk in to. 

On the morning of All-Hallows-Eve, it was a Sunday and many of the students and teachers of Hogwarts were still sleeping. Shaula had gone down to the Great Hall to have breakfast by herself and perhaps read a book in her common room or spend time with Lily and Severus. Pandora had said that she wanted to go searching for a Wimbledinger, she said they mostly appeared on Halloween and were afraid of people, this caused her to want to go look for them by herself. She had thought that with if it was just her, then she should have a more likely chance of finding them. Shaula let her, it was easier to let Pandora do her own thing than have her sulking. Unlike Luna, Pandora sulked very easily and it was rather irritating if Shaula had to say. 

Shaula had sat down at her table, beginning to prepare her breakfast of pancakes and fruit when Lily and Severus had joined her at the table. There weren't many people up yet so no one gave them any looks for the Gryffindor and Slytherin to be at another table. Severus didn't look to pleased to be sitting at the blue table whilst Lily simply got herself a bowl of porridge and sugar and began eating. Shaula stared at the two for a few moments before shrugging and going back to her food. The three eat in silence for a few minutes before Lily begins to speak.

"Did you want to spend the day with us? We were going to explore the castle a little then go to the library for a bit. I saw a book the other day on the uses of simple and complicated charms and I wanted to have a look at it." Severus didn't look at Shaula, he clearly didn't want her to join them. Even though the pair had warmed up to each other slowly, Severus still didn't like the idea of sharing Lily with other people. Lily didn't notice this however, and looked hopefully at the pureblood girl. 

"Sure. We may bump into Pandora whilst exploring, she said she was looking for Wimbledinger's or something." replied Shaula and Lily scoffed slightly.