Chapter Nine - First Hogwarts Birthday

It was a Wednesday when the twins turned 12, yet it didn't deter Sirius in wanting a huge birthday party in the Gryffindor common room. Shaula wasn't expecting much for  the day as it was a school day, if anything, she hoped the Professors wouldn't assign any homework. She may love learning all that she can, but even she has to say that writing a foot long essay on benefits and drawbacks of the most recent potions she had learnt. What was it again? She'll ask Pandora later.

Either way, she woke up that day with a small pile of presents sat at the end of her bed. Shaula smiled widely, before crawling to the end of her bed and sat cross legged, pulling the pile towards and around her. She turned to look at Pandora's bed, noticing the blonde girl sat there watching her with a matching smile.

"Come here." The birthday girl said, patting an empty spot on her bed next to her. Pandora immediately shuffled across in her fluffy yellow and purple stripped pyjamas, sitting on Shaula's bed and giving the girl a large hug.

"Happy birthday!"

"Thank you! Let's quickly open the presents and then get ready. I want to see what I've got." Shaula said excitedly as she grabs the nearest present. It was a small gift in the shape of a book, a label attached to say it was from Regulus. She thinks back to when Regulus sends a letter after he had started talking to his new friend, Tabitha Snape. The pair had immediately hit it off, Shaula convinced that they both complained about their elder siblings. She remembered complaining about hers to her friends when she was Chloe.

She shakes off her trail of thought and brought herself back to the present, quickly tearing through all the wrapping paper from her birthday gifts. She had got a new fictional book from Regulus, it was called In the Village and was about how a pureblood girl had been orphaned and was sent to a new village to live with a distant family relative. Yet the village held some sort of secret that she would later learn and realize that the village was actually cursed. Shaula couldn't wait to read it.

Her father had gotten her a new dairy, just as he had done so every year since she asked for her first one, whilst her mother sent her a new quill and blue ink to go with it. Sirius had given her some dungbombs and James a nose-biting teacup to go with the dungbombs. Remus and Peter had both given her a variety of sweets, Peter having been informed beforehand about her dislike of chocolate and remembered not to send her any. Lily and Severus had sent her muggles sweets, ones she had even begun to miss from her old life, like gummy bears and popping candy. Pandora however, had made Shaula a necklace out of string with a multitude of colourful muggle beads, feathers and bottle corks.

Upon seeing the necklace, she had put it in straight away and hugged her best friend, telling her thank you. Pandora smiled and she visibly relaxed, she must have been worried whether Shaula would like it or not.

"Lets get ready so we can go down for some breakfast food."

Quickly getting themselves dressed, the pair walked down to grab some food, arms linked and excitedly chatting away with a giggle. Shaula had felt odd about how she had grown attached to Pandora so quickly, a girl, child even. Whilst Shaula was really a 30 year old woman inhabiting the body of an 12 year old. Yet she had quickly grown relationships with 11 and 12 year old children. However she didn't regret these friendships she had made. Friends to both Shaula and Chloe had come in all ages, so the large age gap she currently has doesn't really bother her. If anything, she had grown used to the being the age she physically was. The only problem she felt like she had were when it came to dating. If she ever got into a romantic relationship with anyone, she knew it would be difficult for her. If it were with a person the same physical age as her, she would feel like a sort of pedophile. However, to go out with someone much older than her physically, then people could see her as possibly rebelling or using them for their money. At least she was only physically 12 at the moment, so she didn't have to worry about dating for a while.