Chapter Ten - Slytherins and Muggleborns

November slowly moved forward, the coldness of the month beginning to seep in. Shaula has taken to wearing a scarf around the school now, only taking it off either in Potions or when a Professor told her to. When asked why she always wore it she simply answered that she didn't want a cold. Growing up, it was discovered her immune system was weaker than normal when she continuously came down with colds and the flu. She had even managed to get dragon pox on three different occasions as well,surprising the Healers as people who had dragon pox more than once tended to not survive it. It was rare, but it happened. It didn't help that Shaula disliked the usage of Pepper Up Potions as well after she had drank one daily for nearly two weeks. The thing tasted awful and she swore that she had built up an immunity to the potion by the end of it. 

Shaula and Pandora has just finished their lessons for the day and had decided to find an old classroom for them to do their work in when she had stumbled across the Mauraders and Severus arguing in one of the corridors. Well, it seemed more like Sirius and James were taunting the Slytherin boy and he was throwing back snarky responses.

Shaula groaned. She had come across this more often than not recently when James had come into the realisation that he had a crush on Lily Evans. The sod didn't like how 'the slimy Slytherin' always hung around his 'precious Lily-flower'. This earned him the fair response of a slap round the head by said flower when she heard him call her that.

"I'd watch what you say Black or-" Severus starts but is interrupted by Shaula.

"Don't even finish that sentence Severus. And Sirius, James, leave him alone, I've told you before that bullying makes you look disgusting and is a vile thing to do." Shaula said sternly, Pandora worriedly standing beside her.

"You could do some serious damage if you continue to fight." Pandora says, James only rolls his eyes at the two girls whilst Sirius groans loudly. Peter and Remus are stood behind them quietly, unsure of what to do. Severus looks away in annoyance.

"She's right you know. Remus, Peter, you both know better than allowing these three idiots argue like this. It'll only result in them beginning to use their wands to jinx each other and before you know it someone is going to get badly hurt." The two boys looked down in shame, whilst the other three scowled at the female Black.

"Look, if you don't like each other than just leave each other alone." Shaula continues, walking up and in between them.

"We're just having fun Shaula, don't bother getting involved if you don't like it." Sirius snarled out angrily at his sister. James awkwardly shuffled in his place as he slowly moves away for the Twins. Severus glares at Sirius, clearly not agreeing with his response. Neither did Shaula and Pandora from the looks on their faces.

"Siri, that did not look like fun to me, that looked like you were taunting him. If I didn't know any better, I'd guess that you all would have drawn wands eventually as well and began to jinx each other." She snapped back at him, Severus began to shuffle slightly awkwardly then at her tone, not having heard her speak that way before. Pandora on the other hand was used to as in the mornings and evenings when their room mates had irritated a tired Shaula, she would snap at them often. This was one of the reasons that she and the other three girls didn't get along, that and the fact that she was Black and they didn't trust her. They didn't trust Pandora either due to their friendship as well, thus cutting off any attempts at making friends with them. Sirius was also used to this tone as well, having lived with her his entire life and having been snapped at on multiple occasions.

"So what if we had? What would you have done then? Help the slimy Slytherin or your brother?" He asked sarcastically, clearly expecting her to say his name.

"I would have disarmed you all that's what. Now grow up Sirius, tormenting someone for their house is like a Black tormenting, oh I don't know Lily Evans, for being a muggleborn. So knock it off you prat or I'll withhold all the muggle sweets I have from you." She glared at him this time, the two having a stare off as the rest of the boys around them stood there watching, unsure as to what to do. Pandora placed a hand on Shaula's shoulder, breaking her attention from her brother. 

"Severus, we're going to study in the library, finish off some homework. You're more than welcome to join. As are the rest of you. Let's go Shaula." Pandora gently dragged the girl away, both from the area and the situation. Shaula grumbled unhappily, her attention quickly focusing on the homework she'll have to do and moaned. Severus quickly followed after the two, leaving behind the four Gryffindor boys in the corridor. 

Sirius stood in shock at what Shaula had said, unable to believe that she had just compared his actions to the Slytherin boy to his parents actions towards muggleborns. James reached over and gave his arm a little push, jarring his attention just enough so that Sirius paid him some attention as he spoke.

"You okay mate?"

He slowly nodded, his face blank from emotions whilst his mind raced with fleeting and explosive thoughts. 

"I... think we should leave Snape alone for a while." Remus spoke up, hesitating at first as he was unsure whether to voice his opinion. Peter gave a couple hesitant small nods in agreement and James sighed.

"Fine, but only for a while. Now lets go to the common room, I'm not up for exploring the castle at the moment." Everyone nodded with the messy haired boy and made their way back to their tower. The two Ravenclaws and one Slytherin had arrived at the library by then and sat at their usual table near the back. They were all settled for a while, Pandora and Severus doing their homework as Shaula laid her head on the table as she played with her quill, not in the mood to focus on homework. 

"Hey Sev, are you okay?" 

The boy looked up at Shaula, meeting her eyes momentarily before going back to his work and answering.

"Yes, I'm fine."

Silence surrounded them for a few moments before Pandora spoke this time.

"Fine is such a vague and commonly used word to tall people how they feel, I despise it. I wish that everyone would say what they meant."

They continued in silence again for a while.

"I hate it as well." 

Sirius was sat in front of the fireplace, leaning against Remus' legs as he stared into the red and orange flames. Shaula's words echoed in his head. 

"Now grow up Sirius, tormenting someone for their house is like a Black tormenting, oh I don't know Lily Evans, for being a muggleborn." 

Was he just as bad as his parents? Merlin he hoped not.  

James kept glancing over at his brother in all but blood, worried. What his twin had said had definitely shaken him, he's been silent ever since. Eyes glazed over half of the time and lost in his own thoughts whilst his face remained blank. Remus and Peter too kept shooting the boy worried looks, but none of them said anything. 

Shaula didn't know it then, but she had unintentionally begun changed her brother. She would soon find out though, that her actions would lead to larger changes that she definitely never expected to happen.