Chapter Fourteen - Family

Fear grips Shaula as the letter in her hand crumples in her grasp: it was the next day and Shaula had wrote a letter for Sirius to meet her later that day. Currently, the younger twin and Pandora stood in the freezing Owlery in front of Sirius' Great Horned owl, Damon. Or as Sirius likes to call him, Horny. Boys, and she swore that her brother was too young to know these types of jokes!

"Are you sure you want to do it this way?" 

Shaula shakily nods, preferring to ask Sirius to meet her in private through a letter instead of in front of his friends. She didn't want the other boys to ask questions and butt into the siblings conversation. Damon hoots at Shaula, shaking his bare leg in her face, impatiently waiting for the letter. With trembling fingers, she attached the letter to his leg, strokes his chest to calm herself, and watches as he flies out of the window. 

She was nervous, she knew what Sirius was like. If he was angry  at her, he'd ignore her until he wanted something from her. Shaula knew the letter could very well be ignored even, or feared that he may confront her and call her a coward for not confronting him first. But she wasn't like him, she wasn't a Gryffindor. She was a Ravenclaw, she was better at thinking things through and writing them down, not running and jumping into things headfirst. She just hoped her temper wouldn't get in the way.

Pandora turned and steered the older girl from the Owlery by her elbow with one hand and rubbing her arm comfortingly with the other. Shaula leaned into her, embracing the silent comfort her best friend gave. The two girls slowly made their way to the Great Hall, not worrying for time as Shaula had struggled to sleep that night, worried over what to say to her brother and had so woken her friend up and dragged her to the Owlery that morning after she had rewritten her letter thirteen different times and eventually settled for the one she had just sent. 

It took them roughly ten minutes to walk to the Great Hall, sitting down at their table to grab some breakfast and wait for the mail to be delivered. The busy atmosphere of the other students slowly relaxed Shaula, who entered into a conversation with Pandora and Xenophilius about the differences between Hinkypunks and Grungledingers. However, the sound of uncontrollable laughter from the Gryffindor table drew her attention, her brother and his three friends were pointing and laughing towards the entrance. Turning towards the large doors, Shaula gasped in shock and nudged Pandora to look as well. Many of the other students at this point had also turned to look at this point and had started laughing as well. 

Severus stood in the doorway, face flushed from embarrassment, or so Shaula assumed anyway. The Slytherin's skin was rapidly changing colours, from red to blue to yellow to pink and so many more. It was like a rainbow,iIt wasn't just his skin either, but his hair and clothes changed as well. Shaula watched, heartbroken as the young boy made his way to his houses table, grabbed a pear and speedily walked back out, head ducked to avoid looking at anyone. The young girl knew that her argument had caused Sirius to act out, he had been doing so well until then in behaviour as well.

Shaula watched as McGonagall stormed across the hall to confront the boys and whilst everyone was distracted, she watched as Lily Evans slipped away and out of the hall after her friend. Shaula would have gone after the pair, but she wasn't that close to Severus and considering it was her brother who did the prank on him, she doubted that he would want to see his bully's sister. 

Now dejected by Sirius' turn back to his negative behaviour, her dread for her brother receiving the letter increased once more. It was after McGonagall left the Gryffindor table and returned to the Head table that the post arrived. She pointedly looked away from the Black owl, refusing to watch as Sirius received his letter. Instead, she watched as Pandora received one from her parents along with a package of homemade chocolate chip biscuits. Quickly snatching a biscuit from under her friends nose, she quickly checks to Sirius reaction to the letter and was shocked by the intense stare she saw from him.