Chapter Thirteen - Christmas Rejection

Prior illness:

Dear Mother,

How are Father and Regulus? Sirius is well, I however believe that I am beginning to fall ill with a cold again. I will not let this deter me from my education though, nothing is more important than obtaining the best grades and showing everyone that even an unwell Black can do better in Hogwarts than everyone else. 

As I have mentioned before, Sirius has become friends with Gryffindor James Potter. I believe this friendship could be used to our advantage. 

The Potter's have requested for Sirius, Regulus and myself to attend the Yule holidays with them. If you and Father would permit us to accept this invitation, we may be able over time to sway the Potter's views back our traditional ones and not that of a Blood Traitors. 

From your daughter,

Shaula Black

During illness:

Dearest Shaula,

We are all well. Do be better with your health, we do not want a dead Black so soon. I am aware of how you strive to do your best due to your illnesses, but do not push yourself into an early grave. You would devastate your Father and younger brother. 

I do not understand why you were not placed into Slytherin sometimes, you do try so hard. But then I remember your nights sneaking into the family library to read all the books we own. I still do not understand your fascination with history, it will not get you far in life. I do so wish you would come to realize that you are far more suited as a Pureblood wife. 

I understand your reasonings as to attempt to sway the Potter's, but I highly doubt you will be able to. I will not permit Regulus to go to the Blood Traitors manor, but you and Sirius may. You both would not stop pestering me otherwise. Sirius would only ruin the Yuletide by spouting awful mudblood nonsense. 

From,

Your Mother, Walburga Black

Post illness:

Dear Mother,

I am glad you are all well. In the end my health decided to fail me and I resulted in spending a total of three days in the Hospital Wing. I did however catch up on all my classwork and homework I missed fairly quickly. It would do no well if I fell behind everyone else. I have already promised Father that I will not work so hard that I end up in an early grave. Father claimed that he would perform the darkest spell he could find to resurrect me if only to put me back into said grave himself. 

Mother, I had promised Regulus that I would see him Yuletide, along with Sirius. Sirius and I implore you to allow Regulus to come to the Potter's with us. I have already mentioned to Regulus that he has been invited to the Potters. Can you find it inside yourself to allow my dearest brother to attend Yule with Sirius and I at the Potters?

From your daughter,

Shaula Black

Dearest Shaula,

I have told you no, Regulus will not be going to a Blood Traitor's manor. He is too young and impressionable. They may twist his mind like Sirius's mind is already twisted. If you wish to keep your promise than you will both return home. 

I will be at Kings Cross with Regulus when the train arrives, whether you come back to Grimmauld Place is up to you. 

From,