Chapter Five- Sorting Hat

The weather outside the train was chilly, but not cold enough to shiver. She stuck with her brother, looking around at all the children that were filling up the platform.

"Firs' years! Firs' years over here!" A voice yelled out, bringing Shaula's attention to a tall man with the biggest beard she had ever seen. She tugged in Sirius' robe.

"This way." She nodded toward the man, and started making her way towards him. The four all shuffled amongst the sea of people towards the tallest man on the platform, whom Shaula began to realise was Hagrid.

"All firs' years over here!" Hagrid said once more before looking at all the small 11 year olds. Satisfied that he had all the first years, he led them towards the boats. It was in the distance that everyone could see Hogwarts castle. There were 'Oohs' and 'Ahhs' coming from many of the children who were amazed by the castle.

"Right yer lot, no more'n four to a boat." said Hagrid as he waited for everyone to get to a boat.

Shaula and the three boys headed for the same one, determined to stick together. Well, Shaula made sure to hold onto Sirius and Remus, not wanting to lose Sirius and not wanting Remus to be alone. Allowing the three boys to get on the boat first, Shaula stood on the dock for a bit, shuffling her feet nervously.

"Shaula, you getting on? We might have to leave you behind if you don't hurry up." Sirius said cheekily, a grin on his face. James laughed slightly. Shaula looked at the slight gap between the dock and the boat and released a long whine.

"I don't want to go in the boat. What if I fall in the water and drown? I don't to fall in! You might push me in the water as well! I know what you're like Sirius." She exclaimed nervously, Sirius rolled his eyes at his sister. Remus offered a gentle smile and held out his hand.

"Do you want to hold my hand as you get in?" He asked, to which Shaula nodded at frantically. She goes to hold the younger boys hand before stopping.

"Can I sit in the back, away from Sirius? I don't trust him not to do something." asks Shaula in a both playful and serious manner. Sirius have a mock gasp, hand pressed to his chest. Remus moved from the back to the seat beside James in the middle. Shaula gave a slight sigh of relief before wrapping her hand tightly around Remus' slightly scarred hand. She gently and slowly climbed, warily sitting down, before the boat had began to move. She had apparently been the last to person to eat into a boat, Hagrid waiting patiently for them whilst many of the other first years either scoffed impatiently or weren't paying attention.

Shaula kept hold of Remus' hand as the boat moved, her chest tight as she worried about the boat capsizing.

"Sorry, I'm really scared. I can let go if you're uncomfortable." The young girl looked at the boy, who gave her hand a squeeze.

"It's okay. I don't mind." Remus replied. Everyone looked around, only hushed voices breaking the silence. The boat gave a sudden jerk and Shaula screamed loudly, ripping her hand from Remus to hold the sides of the wooden boat as if to secure a lifeline.

Sirius and James laughed as Shaula took deep breaths to calm herself. Remus tolled his eyes as Hagrid yelled out.

"Careful now. Heads down!"

Everyone suddenly lurched forward in their seats as they went under the ivy which hid the opening to the cliff's face. They sailed through the dark tunnel, the children beginning to talk among themselves in the dark. Sirius and James were still chuckling at Shaula's scream, who was sat tensely, hands gripping each side of the boat as she took multiple deep breaths. Remus placed a hand on one of hers, offering his silent comfort. She whispered a silent thank you towards him, to which he replied with a squeeze of her hand and then let go.