Chapter Nineteen - Pick 'n' Mix

The rest of Yule passed uneventfully for the Black siblings, trying to stay in their parents good graces whilst Shaula slowly teaches Regulus and Sirius abut muggles and muggleborns. Slowly, Shaula began replacing the poisonous teachings that had been ingrained into her younger brother, who began to question everything that he once knew.

When the holidays had come to an end, Shaula and Sirius promised to write to Regulus every week before boarding the train and splitting up to find their friends. It took Shaula a few minutes of searching before she found Pandora sat in a compartment by herself reading a book.

"Hi Pan, how was Yule? Get anything exciting?" asked Shaula as she walked into the compartment and put away her trunk.

The blonde placed her bookmark into her book and closed it as she answered, "It was amazing, we went to New Zealand for the holidays and the sites were fantastic. Did you know that the wizards over there are more connected to nature than wands?"

"Connected to nature?" Shaula responded before the pair went into an in-depth discussion about the connections between nature and magic. They had been so deep into the discussion that they hadn't noticed Lily knock on the door and enter with Severus following behind her.

"HELLO."

The two Ravenclaws swung their heads around, surprised by the redheads arrival and yell whilst Severus just gave a slight sigh at his friends behaviour.

"Hello Lily, Severus. How was Yule for you both?" asked Pandora as she offered them a smile and moved up on the bench, allowing Lily to sit next to her. Severus sat next to Shaula, offering her a polite nod.

"Christmas was good, it was really good to see my parents again. I've never been away from them for this long before," said Lily. She dug around in a little bag that Shaula hadn't noticed before, before Lily pulled out four pink and white striped bulging baggies.

"I brought some pick 'n' mix sweets for us to enjoy on the train. I know you guys are purebloods so you probably haven't tried them before, so I wanted to get you guys these." The red haired girl passes out the little baggies to everyone and Shaula immediately opened hers, excited to eat her once loved sweets that she hadn't had since her previous life. She hoped there were some gummy bears in the bag or she promised herself she would start crying.

Pandora pulled out a jelly bean and held it up, "I didn't know muggles had Bertie Botts beans as well." Lily giggled and Severus gave a small smile at the girls lack of knowledge. For a girl who loved to learn as much as possible (mainly regarding magical creatures, charms and potions), the two muggle raised children found it quite funny and slightly sad that the two purebloods didn't know much about the muggle world.

"They are Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, they are just called jelly beans. There's not as many flavours but I promise none are a horrible flavour like vomit or earwax," explained Lily and Pandora looked at the orange bean in her hand in wonder.

Shaula left the three to their bean conversation as she searched through her baggie for some gummy bears and eventually found them at the very bottom hidden under the strawberry gummy sweets. Carefully picking out as many as she could without letting the other sweets fall out, she held a total of 7 tiny bears in her palm.

"Those are called gummy bears Shaula, Lily likes to bite their heads off. She's quite morbid if you hadn't noticed," joked Severus as he noticed the Black sister gazing at the bears. Lily turned and gave a playful glare at her friend.

"I only bite their heads off so that they wont suffer when I eat them,"

"They can feel pain?"asked Pandora as she prodded one of the bears and Shaula clenched them in her hand and moved them away from blonde's hand, determined to let any of the bears to go waste and slowly starts to eat them, savouring the fruity, sweet taste they gave.