Chapter Twelve - Sick Day

A week passes with Sirius anxiously waiting for a reply from his mother. Shaula had already received the reply from Regulus saying that he doesn't care where he spends Christmas as long he was with his siblings. Sirius grinned when he heard this, whilst Shaula patted him on the head at his eagerness for their mothers reply and his over-excitement at hearing the little brothers adoration for them.

It was early Tuesday morning, earlier than normal when Shaula sat down at her table for breakfast. Her head was pounding, her nose stuffy and throat sore. She was sick, and she hate it but Merlin did she hate taking potions even more. She laid her warm forehead against the cool table, a bowl of grapes on her lap. Shaula slowly plopped grape after grape in her mouth, chewing them with tiresome effort. Her limbs felt heavy.

"Miss Black, what's wrong? You're not looking too well."

She heard a squeaky voice just behind her say worriedly. Weakly, she lifted her head and turned to look at her head of house and gave a tiny smile.

"I'm not feeling too peachy today Professor, but I'll be okay," she responded, voice raspy. Flitwick muttered a quick charm and a faint number appeared in the air. '42'  The Professor gasped in shock.

"Miss Black, you're running a temperature! Let's get you to the hospital wing before you pass out." He goes to help her up, Shaula not having the energy to argue back allowed him to direct her down the halls to the hospital wing. By the time she made it to a hospital bed, she was breathing heavily and everything in sight was spinning.

"I'll go grab Madam Pomfrey for you Miss Black, then'll I'll inform your brother and Miss Fawley of you being in here. I'm sure you'd like them to come visit you," Flitwick said as he made sure she was led comfortably on the bed. Shaula whispered a thank you and closed her eyes tiredly as her head of house went to fetch Madam Pomfrey.

Shaula soon drifted off, the sound of Pomfrey buzzing around her and a wet cloth being pressed to her forehead being the last the felt. A few hours go by before she's woken by Pandora shaking her by the shoulders lightly.

"It's lunch time Shaula."

She releases a pathetic small moan at being woken up, but licks her dry lips and pushes herself up in the bed. During her sleep someone had placed a thin cotton blanket over her. The wet cloth falls off her head and onto her legs, which Shaula let Pandora move for her after she stares at it for a couple seconds blankly. A tray was placed on her lap, on it was a slice of bread and a bowl of chicken soup.

"How are you feeling?" Pandora asked, eating her own bowl of tomato and basil soup. Shaula weakly dips a piece of torn bread into her soup and places it into her mouth.

"Awful. Achy, tired. My head hurts," she mumbles and sniffs, tearing another piece of bread to dip into her food.

"Madam Pomfrey has some potions for you to take after you've eaten," Pandora says quietly. Shaula grimaces at the idea of taking potions.

"When Sirius found out you were in here, he had to be dragged out so he could go to his lessons. He didn't want to leave your side," giggled the blonde, remembering how angry and concerned the male twin was as he was wrestled out of the room by his three best friends. Shaula smiled at the thought, her brothers always stayed by her side when she fell ill.

The two ate in silence for a bit, Shaula savoring the taste of the soup and its warmth: she had begun feeling a bit chilly upon waking up. Every now and then she would go into a daze for a couple seconds, her eyes glazing over and movements halting as her mind hazes over. It was after the fifth time it happened that Pandora speaks up.

"Do you need me to get Madam Pomfrey?" 

Shaula turns her head towards the blonde, confusion on her face as she nibbles on a piece of bread.