Chapter 1

"Get out!" A large man threw out a young teen out the door of the restaurant, "Plagg you'll never to work here again."

Plagg pull himself up, "Who would want to!"

"May the ancestor give you no mercy." the restaurant owner said before slamming the door.

"Whatever as if they ever help me. Come Chino we have to get food elsewhere." Plagg growled to himself and his bobcat. He then quickly swing himself onto the roof and jump across the next couple rooftop that leads to the plaza. He looks down at the bustling merchants and customers. "There, easy picking from Mr. Wu." Plagg eyed the elderly Baker taking his baked goods in his cart around the plaza. Plagg looked toward his feline partner the bobcat who just meow annoyingly. "Hey he has extra to spare and I'm hungry."

The cat jumps to go through the fence. Plagg was a lonely thief in the heart of China of a small village. He has never been able to keep a job so he only steals the necessity. He jumps off the roof to come out of the alley. He sneaks through behind the stands. Eyeing at the baked goods and not losing them from his sight. He brushes by a fabric stands.

"Aren't you a little sneaky Plagg?" The Old women of the fabric stand said behind him with a chuckle.

"I'm just waiting to pounce for a treat Ms. Ling." Plagg smirks back at her before seeing the baker has stopped some customers.

"So the usual." She sighs.

"What can I say I have a sweet tooth with no currency." Plagg laughed.

"You don't have to tell me twice, but be careful. The Nobel's been adding extra protection in the market."

"Yeah, I noticed. They are just protecting their merchandise that provides their taxes." Plagg eye-rolled to his comment with annoyance.

"But no matter what, you have no fear!" Ms. Ling gave a hard laugh.

"I got nothing to lose that's why!" Plagg answers back happily and enters through the crowded Street to where the baker was. The baker was distracted by some customer which left his cart unattended. He opens his black satchel and threw a handful of pastry into it before turning around and taking a look around. His mission isn't over yet.

When he was walking away from the stand he heard a young man behind him yell, "Young man! I demand you return what you have stolen from the baker."

"And that's my cue!" Plag laughed and started to run from whoever is pursuing him.

"Someone stop him!" he heard someone say behind him.

Plagg pov
Hah as if they can catch me! One step ahead of the hitman. Then I suddenly bumped into an armor. I jump back to see his sneer.

"So you think you could have gotten away that easy." He smirks.

I looked at my side to see if I was surrounded. "Uh..yeah." A small grin grew on my face.

I bend down and leap up to summersault over them. I ran back toward the baker. Two steps and I already escaped.

"Stop you, thief!" The guards yelled from behind me.

Not a chance that I'm stopping. I ran through the alley there was a bamboo used as the clothesline. I took a grip and swing up onto it.

The guards were now beneath my feet, "Street rat we order you to stop!"

Street rat? Oh how insulting, not! I pounce up onto the side of the walls.

One of the guards yelled out as I flew in the air, "He runs more like a feline!"

"So we're dealing with a wannabe cat burglar." The head guard sneers at me as I salute them off.

I turn around to find two more guards great. I ran back to another roof. Eventually, I escape to through the marketplace. I laughed as they run past me as I hid behind a bamboo salesman. Well, I guess I'm done for the day. I did a quick whistle and Chino my bobcat came out with a wrapped package.

"I see you didn't struggle with a chase." Chino drops his package in my hand as it unfolded. Yum cheese! "Tonight we feast!" I laughed and made a reminder to bring the extra food when I come back.

Me and Chino headed out of the village. I started to daydream and think about the guards. Street rat, riff-raff, and cat burglar, I don't buy that. They can't see I'm a poor boy fighting for survival. I started to hear a thundering pounding on the earth. I look around and see the commotion. It just the aristocrats going to visit the great Sazo. The only thing that great about him is that the rich. But he doesn't even care about helping the village. He uses to but now everything and everyone is in poverty after his new marriage. Well, they're in poverty, I already been driven to the forest where I have been outcasted. Alone, hungry, scavenging supplies where I could, and the marking of a home was limited in the village. I take a glance behind my shoulder and walked onto the road. Without realizing I bump into an old woman.

"Sorry, mam," Plagg said as the women fell to the floor and he helped pick her up.

She chuckled to herself, "You take a risk for bread in the open. If you're caught, it no hands."

"The guards leave me alone as much as the rest of the thieves, I make there training worth something." Plagg gave a small chuckle.

"And how do you feel about that?"

"Am I suppose to feel something about it?"

Her stare unwavering. "If my father was caught for breaking the law, and I declared a social outcast when I was 10. I think I'd feel something about it."

Huh, that just like my life. I better go she kind of creepy. I pull out a fruit from my pocket and gave it to her and headed my way into the forest. I don't have anything to feel for.