He is not mine, we are not dating.

"Come on, it's only a kiss?" Stephanie beams. Sure, only a kiss. If you don't have a crush on the guy!!

"Right." I whisper to myself.

I look towards Nathan, he moves in. Just before his lips touch mine I see a hint of pink in his cheeks. I pull away and he places his forehead on mine. He smiles and his eyes look up at me through his eyelashes. Before he turns away he hides his smile with a lip bite. God dammit.

"Who's next then?" Nathan's mood instantly changes and I can't help but think it's because of me. I swear, this boy will be the death of me.

The next hour of the game is filled with some very interesting truths and dares. Jessica lost her virginity when she was 14. Beverly has a small heart shaped tattoo on her collarbone and Nathan and I kiss many more times.

Steph and I talk while other dares are taking place. She tells me about her life before she moved here. How Nathan hated her before now, she said he always blamed her for his fathers relationship with him. I'd like to believe him but I know it's not true. She tells me about Nathan's previous relationships. How he dated Bev for a while. I understand that that's the main reason she resents me. Because she thought she was the only one for Nathan, and he was the only one for her. She was wrong. He broke her heart. Little did we know, we were so similar.

"Truth or dare Nathan?" Jessica's eyes are fiery.

"Dare, I guess?" He shrugs. Although he doesn't look like he's enjoying this, he is being as kind as possible.

"I dare you to kiss Beverly." I feel sick. My stomach churns and I start to sweat. I feel the patter of soft tears threatening my eyes. Keep it together Rebecca.

As Nathan and Beverly move together I close my eyes, tightly. I will not cry. Nathan is not mine and we are not dating. He can kiss whoever he wants to kiss. But it sure as hell hurts.

I stand and unlock the door. There's a ringing in my ear and it's all I can hear. I run outside into the cold breeze. I turn to look at the door to see Stephanie calling my name, Nathan just behind her. I run down the road and around the corner. I stop at a tree and sit. Now allowing the tears to stream down my face. The ringing slowly fades and I exhale my long held breath. I sit under the tree for 10 minutes before I look up. There's a pair of legs with extremely familiar Chuck Taylor's. Oh no. Another tear escapes my eye before he sits down next to me.

I stand up and start to walk further down the road.

"Where are you going?" He asks quietly.

"To America." My stupid joke sends me off the edge. I bow my head and cry. I cry harder then I ever have before. I know Nathan is the main reason I'm crying but I feel like I'm crying about everything that's ever happened to me.

Nathan stands in front of me and whispers into my ear.

"One day, together we will really go to America. You me and Steph. We'll see the White House and everything. I promise." And the kiss is never spoken of again.

We walk back to Stephanie's house in silence. As we open the door we realize Steph is the only one awake. Darrian nowhere to be seen.

"Hey. You okay? Where'd you go?" Stephanie asks softly.

"America." I whisper with a smile.

"We went to America." Nathan repeats.

Nathan and I lay on the free mattress. The other two are coated in bodies. I lay down and face away from him. I'm still slightly disappointed and I plan on keeping my distance for a little bit. Before I know it Nathan wraps his arms around my waist. Distance can wait till tomorrow.

(Yes this was the shortest chapter I've written. Calm your farm I'll be updating tomorrow. Goodnight!)