This is... It?

Shane flipped through the photos of Oliver outside of Lucille's apartment.

"These photos were taken last night. I thought you said you were taking care of this", Mr. Reed said. "I'm not paying you to sit back and let my son shack up with some young slut looking for an easy exit."

Shane tugged at his tie trying to loosen it a bit. "I'll take care of it. Don't worry."

Mr. Reed got into his car and drove out of the parking garage. Shane let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding.

He didn't want to do anything that would hurt Lucille because he genuinely thought she was a good person. He's never disobeyed Mr. Reed and he wasn't going to start now just because he had a soft spot for Lucille.

Shane pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number. After one ring someone answered.

"I need information on someone", he said. "The name is Lucille Johnson."

____________________________✍🏾

Come up to my office

That was the second text in 10 minutes Oliver had sent. Just like the last one, Lucille ignored it. She was entirely too busy with getting Oliver more public appearances before Election Day. She had been on the phone all day with over 20 different organizations. She had no time for shenanigans.

"Lexi, get the director of the children's hospital in Dallas on the phone."

"I'm on it", Lexi answered turning on her heel and going in the direction of their workspace.

Lucille's phone went off again with another text message.

I'm coming down there

Lucille sighed in frustration and marched over to the elevator. She loved Oliver's clinginess most of the time but not at work of all places.

The elevator chimed and the doors opened. Everyone rushed out in different directions. Oliver was the only person left standing against the back wall. Lucille walked in and pressed the 5th floor.

"I am working", she said in a rough tone.

She was about to continue but a large crowd of volunteers entered the elevator, probably headed for the ballroom to make calls to voters.

"Hi, Mr. Reed", they all greeted simultaneously.

Lucille exhaled and leaned against the back wall of the elevator. Oliver inched closer to her and intertwined his hand with hers.

The door chimed for the 3rd floor and the volunteers stepped out. The door shut again.

"I'm sorry", Oliver whispered, bringing her hand up to his lips he kissed it.

"It's okay, I'm just under a lot of stress right now."

The elevator chimed and the doors opened. Lucille removed her hand from Oliver's and they walked down the hall to his office.

"I had a surprise for you but right now I just want to give you a massage."

"Oliver I don't have time for.."

He kissed her not even giving her the chance to finish what she was saying.

"Please", he whispered against her lips.

She nodded her head. He locked the door and took her by the hand, leading her over to the sofa. She sat down and he sat behind her.