Chapter 2

The next morning I woke up slightly scared when I did not see my bedroom from home, then I remembered where I was and was not consoled much. I wasn't home and I wouldn't be for a long time. Today was the first day on the job for me as warped tour was scheduled to stop in Atlanta. We got our schedules for that day and headed out for our designated bands and stages. I thought since I was a newbie that I would be assigned a small stage with one of the lesser known bands to start me out, but no. Somebody just decided the throw me right into the big one. I was working Journeys left foot stage and I was specifically assigned Falling In Reverse. Now don't get me wrong they're a great band, but I don't know how I feel about their front man, he sounds kind of like a dick to me. I mean honestly he went to prison and threw mic stands into a crowd. Not a real winner there. Either way, I'd do my job to the best of my ability and hope everything goes well.

All the equipment was ready to go for their set and boy oh boy was I nervous. They came out from backstage and I was suddenly in the zone. I tend to lose myself when it comes to sound equipment. It's fun to make the music sound the best it can for the fans. I hate to say it but the lead singer put on a great show and was a very talented person, doesn't make up for the fact that he's probably an asshat off stage though. I helped with the next band because the poor kid that was assigned to them was just a little clueless when it came to what the hell he was doing. When their set was over he walked up to me and said "I'm James by the way, thanks for the help." "I'm Henry and it's no big deal," I shrugged. "Wait Henry? Isn't that like a boys name?" He giggled. "Yeah, but it's short for Henrietta. I was named after my grandmother and since it's confusing to have two Henriettas at a gathering so I became Henry." I explained. "Well it's lovely to meet you Henry," said James. "It's nice to meet you too James," I mimicked.

James invited me to eat lunch with him in the crew area and I accepted his invitation seeing as though I hadn't really made any other friends yet. We talked about where we were from and what we did when we weren't touring. James is 22 and just graduated college. He said he had no clue what he was he was going to do so he packed his stuff and started touring so maybe he would have an idea once warped tour was done.  I told him I had all my plans made out I just wanted to do something different before I was in too deep. James was mid-sentence when I saw him walk by. The asshat of Falling In Reverse. He was covered in sweat and obviously looking for where the smell of food came from. His hair was flying everywhere and his tattoos were proudly displayed as he walked around shirtless, geez could this dude get anymore full of himself. James brought me back to earth after clapping in front of my face. "What the hell were you angrily looking at?" He asked. "Nothing of importance that's for sure," I said nodding my head towards the douche. "Ohhh you done caught the feels for the infamous Radke," he said while laughing. "Hell no, I've heard he was a dick and from what I see right now he seems like a douche," I said. "Meh, I've heard he's actually really nice and down to earth. At least that's what the fan girls say," he shrugged. Just as James finished the Radke dude turned and looked directly at me or maybe he was looking at something behind me, but either way it felt like he looked right through me.