Chapter 13

I had just finished getting ready when there was a knock on the door. I skipped across the bus, which I hate to admit because I am not the skipping type.
There he stood smiling at me and staring into my soul again. "Wow you look great" he said. I laughed at the face he was making at me. He looked like he's never seen a girl before. "Uh thanks, it's a miracle I have nice clean clothes" I joked. He laughed at took my hand.
"Where are we going?" I ask. "We're going to a fair" he responded. "A fair? Like corn dogs and poorly assembled rides?" I asked excitedly. "Yes that kind of fair. Why are you so excited about poorly assembled rides?" He laughed. "Fairs and carnivals were the shit when I was growing up." I said. "Well I'm glad I get to take you" he said.
When we walked through the gate I felt the feeling again. The feeling I had as a kid. I had so many memories coming to my mind as we walked around, from my grandfather letting me ride the slides for hours to getting stuck on one of those spiny rides at twelve. Ronnie tried to show how much of a man he was by trying to win at carnival games. I ended up beating him at every shooting game we played. I felt so happy in this moment with Ronnie because we were going to make new memories to add to my favorites. I should've know it was too good to be true because there stood the boy I once loved. I felt the air get caught in my lungs.