Chapter 5

I was getting dressed for the movies when I had the sudden realization that I was basically going on a date with Ronnie Radke. The guy who went to prison for murder. The guy who was a hardcore drug addict. I had never even been pulled over let alone arrested for anything. We are complete opposites, which means this so called date will probably go horribly.

I was getting ready to make an escape plan so I wouldn't have to go on this date when someone knocked on the door. "Well there goes that plan", I mumbled to myself as I walked to the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door to find him standing there looking different from the usual performing asshole I see. His hair was combed and he had shaved. He was wearing a dark red button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up so his tattoos were proudly displayed and some black jeans. Honestly he was attractive and I think he figured out that I was admiring because he finally spoke up. "I know I clean up nice, right?" He smirked. "I must admit, I didn't know you could look like a normal human being", I joked. "This is about as normal as it gets Henry", he said. "Also you look like a girl, I like it", he said looking me up and down. I tried to hide my smile but it was hard. He was a smooth talker and I couldn't resist his annoying charm.

He walked me to a car that had been called for us. "Oh how fancy", I said laughing. "Only the best for the coolest sound girl", he said opening the door for me. Wow, he may even be a gentleman. I may have underestimated him. We went to the movie and to be honest I couldn't pay attention to the movie. I kept stealing glances at him and I'm pretty sure he was doing the same thing. Half way through I realized I had to go to the bathroom so I excused myself. I took care of my business and was walking back to the theatre when two guys approached me. "Hey sweet thing, what are you doing here all alone?" A boy with black hair asked. He was probably only 15 or 16. They probably think I'm younger than I look. I just ignored them and kept walking. "Hey blondie, we're talking to you!" Yelled the red head. "Can I help you?" I managed to say without giving off how annoyed I was already. "What's a pretty little thing like you doing all alone?" The red head asked me. "Obviously I was walking", I said. "Yeah but it's not good to be alone. Someone might harass you." The dark haired boy said. That's funny considering they were harassing me. "I'm fine alone", I said trying to walk away again. The dark haired one grabbed my arm and said "I can't just let you walk alone, cause someone could take advantage of you", he said smiling. He was really starting to make me nervous. "Really I'll be fine, I can walk myself back to a damn theatre without any help", I said obviously showing how mad I was at this point. "Hey bitch no need to be ungrateful, you need to respect your superiors", the dark haired one said. "Superior? That's funny because you look like sad little 12 year olds and you act like you've never been able to properly interact with a female probably cause you're too stupid to figure out that you're annoying", I spat out. "Is there a problem here?" A voice said from behind me. I turned to see Ronnie walking towards me and standing in front of me. I have never been more thankful to see him. "No problem here dude, just checking on the lady", said one of the boys. "Uh huh, I'm sure you were. That's why she was practically yelling at you", he said. "Well obviously she's safe so we'll be going", said the dark haired boy. "Yeah I'd say that's a good idea", said Ronnie. He turned to faced me and said "are you ok? Did they hurt you?" "I'm fine, just pretty ticked off", I said huffing. "Let's just head back to the buses", he said. This date or whatever it was got ruined by two little dweebs, isn't that just great.

The car ride back was quiet and it wasn't a comfortable silence at all. We got back to the grounds where all the buses were and he walked me back to my bus. "I'm sorry those guys bothered you", he said. "I'm sorry those guys ruined our night", I said sadly. He turned to me and said "I wouldn't say they ruined it since it's not over yet", and with that he was kissing me. It wasn't anything hot and heavy. It was simple and sweet, something you wouldn't expect from a guy like Ronnie. He pulled away and stared at me with those big chocolate brown eyes and I could feel it again, the way he stares into my soul. He finally spoke with "did they ruin the night?" "No I don't think anyone could ruin this night", I responded with a whisper. "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" He asked. "It depends on what set I'm working", I said. "I get the feeling you'll be working the falling in reverse set from now on", he said winking. "I only want the best for my band and you are the best", he added. "Well ok I guess I'll see you tomorrow", I laughed. "Goodnight Henry" he whispered. "Goodnight Ronnie", I whispered back. Woah, what a night.