Chapter 9

I don't know if I was actually capable of moving or not at thist moment.  My brain may be trying to send signals but nothing is responding. Am I really paralyzed at the sight of some chick laughing? He's not my boyfriend therefore I shouldn't care what he does. Yet here I stand frozen to the ground.

I can't even hear anything, oh god I've gone Def too. "Hey Henry why are you just standing there?" James asks, pulling me out of my own little frozen world. "Who is she?" I managed to get out without sounding overly panicked. James laughs and says "she's one of the guys sisters, are you jealous of her?" I quickly started to sputter out the word no over and over again. He continued to laugh while trying to say "oh god Henry you've got nothing to worry about." I huffed "how do you know that?" He finally gained control and said "because she's not into people like him, now you on the other hand are definitely her type." He said beginning to laugh again.

Well don't I feel like an idiot. She's more likely to hit on me than ronnie. Once I calmed myself down completely I finally decided to go talk to ronnie about not being on his set anymore.

He smiled as soon as I walked up and to be completely honest it calmed everything in me. "Hey Radke, you know anything about me not being your sound girl today?" I asked. He looked slightly angered by my question and then pulled me away from the group.

He pulled me all the way to the buses and then in between two buses. "I was told that I was getting to close to you and that you needed to work a different set from now on" he said. "Are you serious? That's fucking stupid" I said getting angrier with every second. Who has the right to say Ronnie is getting to close to me? "Do you know who is working your set now?" I asked. "Yeah I think you know them, it's that James kid" he said. "Good, I'll be working your set no matter what other people say" I responded. "Are you sure?" He asked. "I don't want you to get in trouble" he said sounding concerned. "I'm a big girl and I can handle it" I said reassuring him. "Okay, I'll see you later then, right?" He asked. "Of course you will" I said smiling. He kissed me and took off.