002 | new beginnings

i packed up the things i needed to bring into my new dorm. there were so many things that were so precious to me, but i only could bring what i needed as i was sharing a room with another member of red velvet, seulgi eonnie . i heard that apparently she was a really messy person so if i brought too many things i would probably get it lost in her pile of junk food, especially potato chips.

i took out my suitcase, and unclipped the photos from my photo-line on the wall one by one. there were many pictures of me with my mother, and i smiled.

there was one of me as a baby and my mother was holding me in her arms, and another of my mother kissing my cheeks. i sighed sadly. those were all in the past now. i can't turn back time. i breathed in deeply, and put those photos into my suitcase.

there was another photo on the wall that i couldn't seem to stop thinking of ever since my uncle passed it to me. "this picture was in your mother's photo album," he had said, when i first moved into the trainee dorm. it was a photo of me and a little boy holding hands on a swing. i looked so happy there. i smiled sadly. i had been happy a long time back, but i can't remember now.

i had asked my uncle who that little boy was, but he never told me who he was. he said that he had never seen him before, and that made me think. there was a part of me who could feel that we were close, but i can't remember.

it must have something to do with my lost memories.

i packed my clothes, sweater, socks and other toiletries. that should be all. i closed the suitcase.

--

red velvet's dorm

i stepped into my room with seulgi eonnie and was immediately shocked. not with horror, but delight. the room was so much bigger and spacious than my previous dorm, and it was actually clean and neat, not like what i have heard about seulgi eonnie's untidiness.

i spotted seulgi eonnie sitting on her bed and listening to her music. she put down her headphones and smiled when she saw me with my suitcase. "hi yeri! welcome to our room!" i smiled back at her and waved. she's so friendly, although she seems ice-cold on the exterior. "oh yeah, and if you were confused why the room is so neat, give the credit to irene, not me. she was the one who cleaned up the room, i was too lazy. she's such a cleanliness freak i can't stand her," she joked.

i laughed as she complained about irene eonnie. "who did you use to share the dorm with?" i asked.

"my first roommate was irene, of course, but we change roommates every comeback, so my previous one was joy. she's a terror. it's lucky for all of us that manager-unnie decided not to put both of you maknaes together or it would be trouble!"

"double-trouble, you mean - " suddenly, someone knocked on the door. it was a courier. "parcel for miss kim yerim? please sign here, thank you."

i picked up the small parcel curiously. who could have sent me this?

it was definitely not from my uncle. he doesn't even know how to send a text, let alone send a parcel.

i turned the package around.

on the tag it wrote, from your long-lost friend, jeon jungkook

"who's jungkook? a guy ayy~"seulgi eonnie teased.

i shrugged my shoulders and furrowed my eyebrows.

who is jungkook?

--

a/n;

i rewrote everything lmao