011 | memories

"'ugh, where am i ?" i opened my eyes groggily. did i faint? i heard the faint beeping of machines and looked around. this place is so white. is this a hospital?

i tried to sit up and my head throbbed painfully. i clutched it and blinked twice. my whole body was aching all over. what happened? i tried to reach for the glass of water next to me but almost fell.

just then, a strong hand grabbed my arm and pushed me back against the soft bed. "stay still, you can't move yet." i looked up. jungkook.

his eyes stared deep into mine. "kim yerim!" " how did you know my name?"

my breath hitched in my throat and suddenly i couldn't breathe. i clutched my heart and fell into darkness again.

jungkook's p.o.v

she suddenly started breathing really heavily and clutched her chest. "ya. ya, kim yerim!! what's wrong with you? ya!" i shook her, my eyes widening as she became unconscious again.

"doctor park! doctor park! anyone, please help!" i looked around helplessly. doctor park jimin came in hurriedly and wheeled her out of the room, calling for nurses to do another brain scan.

60 minutes later

doctor park walked out of the CT scan room and i ran over to him. "how's she? why is she like this?" i asked worriedly. "mr jeon, please calm down and take a seat," he told me, gesturing over to the chair.

i sat down and he started explaining. "ms kim yerim has had a major memory loss in the past, around 10 years ago, and it seems that her memories are coming back slowly due to some reason. her headaches and blacking out may worsen over time if she struggles to remember these memories. we noticed a change in her brain structure, from 10 years ago till now, and it's a really drastic change, perhaps something or someone triggered her memory?" he looked at me.

someone triggered her memory? i thought hard. me?

-

i looked at the sleeping yeri with an IV drip being inserted into her arm. she looked like an angel, sleeping so soundly. i walked over and sat down next to her, brushing away stray curls from her face. "yerim-ah, i really hope you will remember me," i sighed deeply. i want her to be happy again.

suddenly, the door opened abruptly and i stood up, stunned. a brown haired girl with bangs and a girl with purple hair walked in worriedly. when they saw yeri lying on the bed, their mouths opened wide in horror and they rushed over. i moved away so they could seat on the bed.

"omo, yeri-ah! what happened to you, our precious squirtle?" the brown haired girl cupped her delicate cheeks while the purple haired one started sobbing like how a mother would when she saw her child in this state.

the brown haired girl looked at me and asked, "who are you?"i stuttered nervously, "ah, ne, annyeonghaseyo, i am jeon jungkook, yeri's ,um , friend...." i trailed off and the purple haired girl cut in and shook my hands, "ah, so you are our baby yeri's life saviour? my name is irene..." " and i'm seulgi," the girl with bangs said, "pleased to meet you."

"we heard from the doctor that she fainted. what happened? and what memories?" they asked. i scratched my head and told them, "she's had a memory loss in the past due to an accident."

"memory loss? and how did you know she had an accident? the doctor didn't say anything about that..." they looked at each other and frowned quizzically.

"eonnie....." yeri stirred, and i heaved a sigh of relief. it will all be revealed when the time comes.

third-person p.o.v

he looked at her from the small window outside the ward and pushed his black cap down.

he knew that his chance was coming soon. and he had to do it accurately and cleanly in one shot.

you'll pay.

oh gosh. i realised i forgot to describe jungkook's character i think y'all are confused whether he is in bts or just a normal person on the streets wtv i'll try to fix this next time if this book hits it big