005 | stage

okok kim yerim, you can do this.

i already heard fanchants from backstage and we haven't even went onstage yet. it's my first ever performance, and i can't afford to screw it up.

our outfits were... cute i guess. i really didn't know what to expect. our stylist dressed us up so childlike. seriously though, pastel? i thought the stylist would have been more creative with the designs.

but it linked perfectly to the ice cream cake theme so i had no complains.

"ok in 3,2,1. red velvet, please proceed on stage. "the stage director announced through his mic.

i stepped up the stage steps nervously. irene eonnie squeezed my shoulders and told me to relax.

but as i went upstage, i heard the fanchants getting louder.

" kang seulgi saranghae!! "
" irene yeppeuda!! "
" paRK SOO YOUNG I LOVE YOU!! "
" son seungwan marry me !!!!!"
"RED VELVET!!!! "

to my disappointment, but not to my surprise, none cheered for me. that was expected, after the whole mv comments thing.

what was i thinking? i blamed myself silently. did i really expect fans to chant my name? throw flowers at me? pabo ya yeri, what do you expect?

when the music started i tried my best to stay focused and stop my tears from falling. i decided that even if they don't cheer for me, i can do better than this. i tried to make my dance moves sharp and strong, and to show that i was capable.

"irene you're my queen! "
" seulgi you're soo gorgeous "
but slowly those chants turned into:
" yeri you suck! "" get off the stage! "" i hate you kim yerim! "" get lost! "

my ear was buzzing and my headache worsened. i felt my steps getting out of control but i felt that even if i fainted right there, no one would care.

my legs were about to give way, when suddenly i caught someone looking at me from the crowd.

he looked so familiar. that same intense, sad gaze. that same black cap and black outfit. that same guy who was staring at me back then at the company.

he mouthed the words silently, be strong, yeri.

i was shocked, and touched. was he just a fan? i almost felt like crying, but i remembered that i was on stage.

at least someone supported me.

at least someone supported my dreams.

i finally finished the stage and i walked down the steps with wobbly legs.

before i reached backstage, a paper plane flew near my leg. i looked up to see who threw it, only to see the same guy who wore the black outfit walking away.

i opened the paper curiously.

and on it, the beautiful handwriting read:

yeri:

fight for your dreams. don't be disheartened by haters and stay strong.

j. j. k

jeon jungkook?

i looked up to see his backview and he gave a tiny wave.

i smiled.

i found you.

~~~~

"ch-ch-ch-ch-chewing gum"

dedicated to : because of the spam comments and votes :)) thank you