012 | fade

previously on numinous,

yeri was passed out unconscious twice as she tries to remember her memories of her childhood, with jungkook thinking that he was the one who triggered her memories. a mysterious guy appears at the hospital ward without them knowing, but who is he?

jungkook's p.o.v

"i would like a green tea macchiato and a caramel frappe, please. thank you!" wendy ordered for both herself and seulgi from the cashier at starbucks.

"how about you sir?" the lady asked me. "oh uh... an iced shaken hibiscus tea please, thank you." i stuttered, nervous that there were two red velvet members near me. i sat down on a couch opposite them, waiting for our orders, and twiddled my thumbs nervously.

both of them were wearing a cap and mask to hide their identity, and i felt extremely uncomfortable with them doing this to me. seulgi slammed her hands silently on the table and stared at me. "i trust that you would not breathe a word about yeri's memory loss to anyone, you heard me?" i shuddered and nodded, intimidated by her ice cold presence.

"if the media, or the fans or even a single soul knows about this, we don't know what we would do to you," wendy said, smirking evilly and rubbing her hands together like a madman. i gulped and stiffened. "o..okay. i won't say anything."

"ya, jeon kookie, what ya doing here mate?" a hand rested on my shoulders and i jumped, surprised. turning around, i saw two of my good friends grinning down at me. "hey hoseok and jimin," i smiled at them. "why are you hanging around two pretty ladies? man you get all the girls - " hoseok teased, then halted, eyes widening.

"red velvet? omo! i can't believe my eyes!" hoseok started fangirling and jimin looked at them shyly,though i have never seen jimin like this before.

damn,this was going to be a long day.

third-person p.o.v

he looked at the empty ward in the hospital. finally all those noisy kids are gone, he thought to himself. he opened the sliding door silently and stepped into the room, glancing at the sleeping girl on the bed.

turning his head to the closed door, he checked if there were any passing nurses or doctors before he took out a syringe with a sharp, thin needle.

he walked in mock, slow steps towards the bed. such a pitiful pretty thing. too bad you'll have to die. he pushed the cap of the syringe off and poisonous liquid squirted out of the needle.

"kim yerim," he looked at the needle and said, "people are going to be so curious why you died, but it will probably be a case of jealous fans trying to kill an idol."

"but i'm no fan," he whispered into her ear, and grabbed her arm hard. yeri woke up with a jolt, and her eyes widened when he saw him.

she screamed and tried to run out, but he quickly covered her mouth with a gag and pinned her to the bed even harder. there was no escaping now.

yeri struggled weakly before she went limp with no energy. her eyes fluttered close and he released the gag from her mouth. inserting the needle into the IV drip, his fingers rested on the nozzle of the syringe. "who can save you now?" he snarled.

the time has come.