010 | lie

previously on numinous,,

"close your eyes, yeri." he whispered, his voice husky.

is he... is he going to kiss me?

his forehead touched mine. my heart raced. this was wrong. a scandal could leak out. i closed my eyes. and i felt something soft against my lips.

--

after waiting for more than 10 seconds, i opened my eyes and looked up. i blushed in embarrassment when i saw a vanilla cone with fluffy cotton candy on top placed at my lips.

kim yerim, what were you thinking?

i blushed even harder and took the ice cream cone from him. "thank you," i whispered meekly. jungkook burst out in laughter, teasing me, "what were you thinking, kim yerim?" what is he, an awesome mind reader? "you should have seen the look on your face!" he laughed even harder.

"shut up, you asshole." i hit him on the arm and he groaned in mock pain. the edges of my mouth went up, realising how cute he was.

"what were you thinking, kim yerim?" suddenly, my expression darkened. jungkook, noticing my change in mood, stopped laughing. "what's wrong, yerim?" yerim.

"how do you know my real name?" i blurted out and stared at him intensely. " no one knows, not even my members! how do you know my name?" jungkook gulped and hesitated.

yerim. it was the name given to me by my mother. this name was a boy's name, but my mother wanted me to be strong and brave, like a guy was. but after she passed away, i changed it because it reminded me too much of her. my fists clenched as i tried to remember what happened to my mother.

suddenly, a flashing pain shot through my head. parts of my memories flashed across me in shattered pieces. "it's a girl!" "yerim, you're my beautiful little angel." "stay strong, yerim, and you'll find the answers." i held my head and stumbled against the bench.

"yeri? yeri! what's wrong! yeri stay with me-" the entire world darkened and collapsed into his arms, so warm and so comforting, like a butterfly in a cocoon, my safe blanket.

jungkook's p.o.v

i looked at the angel-like girl in front of me. she was so beautiful, so fragile. her eye were closed and i moved forward. those lips. i gulped. those soft, delicate lips. i reached my hand out for her face and tilted my head towards hers.

no, no, no! jeon jungkook, what are you doing? if you kiss her, you'll ruin her life! she's better off without you. i withdrew my hand and sat back up, my heart thumping wildly in my ears.

i took the ice cream cone from a nearby ice cream stand instead and placed it at her lips, still breathing heavily.

what am i feeling?

she opened her eyes after what seemed like forever and she blushed instantly when she saw the ice cream. is she that happy to see ice cream? she took it from me and muttered "thanks" before eating it happily. i burst out in laughter after seeing how cute she was. her cheeks were tinged pink and she hit me in the arm. "what were you thinking, kim yerim?"

suddenly, i noticed her expression change. her blush faded away and she stopped smiling. she looked at me accusingly and my eyes widened. what's going on? "what's wrong, yerim?"

"how do you know my real name?" she asked me accusingly and angrily. i gulped.

if only you knew, yerim. if only you knew.

just then, she grabbed her head and started groaning in pain. she kneeled down on the floor and cried out in agony. i panicked.

"yeri? yeri! what's wrong! yeri stay with me-" i shook her hard and she fell unconsciously into my arms. "someone help!!" i cried out and hugged her close, tears forming near my eyes.

a couple nearby ran towards us and immediately called for the ambulance. and in less than 10 minutes, the ambulance arrived. i carried yeri up in my arms and ran into the ambulance, holding her hands and praying that she would wake up.

if only you knew, yerim.

-

unknown p.o.v

a wallet dropped out of that boy's pocket.

he picked it up and watched as the boy carrying the girl ran towards the ambulance and left.

he opened up the wallet.

in it, he saw a picture.

a boy, sitting with a little girl on a swing, holding hands happily.

he looked at the back view of the ambulance and smirked.

things were going to get interesting.

he took the photo out and placed the wallet into the pocket.

and crushed the photo in his hand.

this time he wanted them dead. both.

if only you knew, yerim, and jungkook.

-

whew hi i'm back wow that was so intense my back hurts from thinking of what to write.

but 2k reads? oh gosh u guys are the best !!1!

NA NOT TODAYYYYY'~

and did y'all see btsvelvet on stage?? sad that it's gonna be red velvet's goodbye stage soon and no more interactions sobs :( ROOKIE ROOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE HEART

but squeeeee this chap was so cute what were u guys thinking of - a kiss---?--- OKAY HAHAHA BYE

p.s if u have forgotten, yeri had a picture like that in her mother's photo album too so yeah spoiler !!!! ( that was in chapter 2 )