008 | afar

someone's watching.

jeon jungkook, who are you?

the next day, i walked into a cake shop to find a cake for irene eonnie as her birthday was coming. when i walked in, the cake shop was surprisingly empty and had no customers.

"welcome~" a young girl with dark brown hair at the counter, greeted me. i smiled at her. "hi, i would like to buy a cake for a really good grandma- no - friend of mine. can i get that pink cake over there?"

the girl smiled kindly and took a pretty pink layered cake with cherries and marshmallows onto the counter. she wrapped it up and i paid for it. i left the shop, skipping along the way. if only life as an idol would be as carefree as this everyday.

i was skipping on the pavement when suddenly a man on a motorbike rushed past me, making me drop my cake. i fell on the floor in pain, and looked at the now smashed pink cake. oh wow, congratulations yeri you just wasted a cake. now you have to buy another one. but who is that guy? i turned my head angrily at the motorcycle who was already zooming away. "you asshole!" i yelled after that guy.

i tried to stand up on my own but my ankle was hurt and bleeding. i winced in pain and tried to push myself up when suddenly, a masculine hand extended out to me. "you okay?" a deep voice asked me. i took the hand and stood up in pain. i brushed the dust of my pants and said shyly, " yeah, i am, thank you so muc---" , i trailed off as i saw who it was who helped me up. it was jungkook.

suddenly, i was angry. "ya, who are you to follow me around? why are you always around me 24/7? are you a stalker? or do you want to kill me secretly--" before i could finish, jungkook put a finger on my mouth and pulled me to an alley.

"what are you - " jungkook slammed his hand on the wall behind me and dipped his head closer to mine. i trembled and moved backwards. "listen, i'm not a stalker, and you should stop taking things so lightly. things are getting serious. you never know whether the man on the motorcycle is that guy. "

i cut him off. "wait, what? what guy? and why do you keep claiming you have to protect me when i've been perfectly safe all this while?"

he put his hands on my shoulders and shook me, sighing. "please, yeri. you have to be careful, i'm serious. "

i stared at him. his eyes were sincere, pleading and desperate.

"promise me, yeri."

"i promise you."