Reyton IV

Peyton's POV.

I was driving in my vehicle, heading to the black and white ball. Rowan said she would meet me there instead of picking her up. Today is going to be great, I kept repeating that to myself in the car. It was about 6 - 7 pm, I already had a big dinner with my family at 5 so I wouldn't be  starving at the party all night.

Half an hour later, I found my way to the parking lot and parked it there and headed inside.

I came in and, woah, I was stunned. The room was big, the decorations were all in black and white cause that's the theme and there was a chocolate fountain where I finally saw Rowan dipping a strawberry into the chocolate.

She was wearing a black long dress mixed with white. And with her straight natural brown hair, she was looking around slowly and saw me. I waved and came walking towards her.

"Hey Peyton" she chuckled with a mouth full of strawberries.
"Hey Row" I greeted, we stood there for a good awkward 5 seconds.
"So, seen Sabrina?" Rowan asked.
"Nope, she's with Brad" I said as I got a strawberry from the bowl and dipped it.
"You look beautiful Rowan" I continued to say.
"Thanks, you too" She said as she let out a smile.

Rowan's POV.

We stood there and I was about to tell Peyton the bad news, that was I couldn't be with him, I know I'm telling him in the beautiful place but I can't tell him tomorrow or  any other day, it has to be today. I love him but we're in a relationship thats just not ready yet. My tears were starting to full up in my eyes but I manage to keep them in.

"Peyton" I said
"Yea?" He said.

Then suddenly our crew came over, there was Ben, Cory and Auggie, Sabrina was nowhere in sight at the moment.
"Hey guys!!"Auggie called out as he ran to me and gave me a big hug.
"Hi Auggie" I called back and lifted him up.

Then out of the nowhere came Sabrina running towards us,
"Guys, guys, crew picture time!!" She whined excitingly.

Shoot, I have to tell him at some point.

Anyways we walked to a stage which was where you take pictures crews and cast members of each of our shows. So there was Dog with a blog, Mighty med, I didn't do it and lots.

So we went on the stage, I walked by and Peyton followed and stood next to me, which made me felt uneasy.

After all that, everybody was partying, taking photographs and having fun. I sat by the table with Auggie next to me and eating chocolate cake with him. Then Peyton came by.

Peyton's POV.

"Hey Row" I said, as i was sitting down next to her.
"Wanna dance??" I gestured my head, pointing to the dance floor.
"Sure" she said nodding

We walked to the dance floor and a slow song started playing and we danced and danced. No talking.

"You know, I actually like it when you talk, why aren't you talking much lately?" I said
"I'm talking right now, what do you wanna talk about?" She asked
"You usually find a topic" I continued

As we stood there and danced, I was going to give something special to her. It was a necklace with a letter R on it.
"Rowan, I have something for you" I said

We stopped dancing and we came back to the table and sat in the chairs.

Rowan's POV.
Oh no, he's going to give me something.
He was reaching into his pocket and had a small box, he opened it and there was a necklace. An R necklace.
I smiled, it was so elegant. "Is this for me??" I asked

"Yea" he said, he stood up and put it around my neck

I felt the necklace and I was just so happy. No I can't.
"Peyton, I can't accept this" I pulled it out and handed to him.
"What?" He asked puzzled
Tears filled and dripped from my eyes.
"I can't be with you" I said, crying.
"What do you mean?" He said.
I was crying as tears came flooding out and I kept pausing the sentences.

"I love you Peyton, but I'm just afraid to"
"Afraid of what Rowan??" He asked holding my hands.
"Afraid of everything" I paused and so did my tears. "I'm not ready for this Peyton, I'm really not" I continued
He stood there with sadness in his eyes.
"There is going to be a time, when I'll be ready but this isn't it." I said
"Alright" is what all he said.
We were still by the table, nobody was around there which was good cause the would have the crime scene.
"I love you Peyton, I'll always will" and I slowly kissed him on the cheek.

I stood up and headed towards the exit, not looking back, he didn't call out for me I mean how could he? His heart probably felt broken because of me. But I also felt empty, there was no feeling at all, everything seemed so slow. One last single tear rolled down my eye and I heard someone calling for me but I didn't stop.

I walked outside and just kept walking and walking then somebody pulled my shoulder.
"Rowan!!" Sabrina called out, and we came face to face.
"Row, what happened??" She asked.
"I left him" I said still feeling emotionless.
"Go back in there and talk to him" Sabrina ordered.
My feeling came back and my temper was rising.
"How do you expect me to Sabrina!!! After all what I said to him!" I said, half mad and sorrowful.

Sab came and hugged me, and I felt the less pain I have been in. Tears started whelming up.
"What do I even do?" I whispered
"Talk to him" she said
"How do I even do that??" I said
She pulled me back and looked in my eyes.

"His your friend, isn't he?" She said. "You can talk to a friend about anything" she said, and gave me one last hug and walked inside.
She was right, I thought to myself. I ran back to the entrance and came inside. Peyton was nowhere to be found.

I walked around for a while and I saw him, he was by the chocolate fountain although he wasn't doing anything.

"Peyton" I yelled as I ran to him.
He turned to me and turned away.
"Look, I know what I did to you and Im so sorry. Our relationship may be broken but our friendship isn't" I said, panting after walking around and running to him.

"Look, I thought I was ready to be in a relationship and tonight was a mess, I couldn't even find something to talk to you about even though I do that all the time. Being in a relationship is just too much pressure" I said

"I know Row" he said, as he finally smiled a little
"Look Peyton I'm really sorry" I said
"I know you are Row, and Im completely fine with the decision making, I wasn't ready too" he said
"Well, we have a lot more to experience the surroundings around us" I said
"our friendship can last longer than a relationship" he said

Peyton's POV.

We were all fine by then, I looked into her eyes and I can tell she loved me and I loved her. We talked that night, a lot cause now she was much more comfortable and she would choose a random topic and talk about it and I listened. She was right, there was no rushing into a relationship so fast.

We talked and talked as everyone enjoyed the night.

LAST REYTON STORY EVERYONE,
IM SORRY IF IT WASNT WHAT YOU EXPECTED.
ANYWAYS PLEASE FOLLOW ME AND
I'LL BE WRITING MORE FAN FICTIONS