Pake IV

Jake's POV.
So the day finally came for the Black and white ball, of course nobody asked me. Piper probably didn't get asked too so I'm going to make my move at the Dance. I know I've been saying "I'll make my move" a lot, but this time it's going to be it, I'm going to ask her to finally be my girlfriend.

I was on my way to the Black and White ball and I called Piper if I could pick her up but now she's been dodging all my calls cause I've been calling her 10 times. Anyways I'll just meet her there.

I arrived at the parking lot and was about to head out when I received a phone call from Piper.

"Hello" I said.
"Hey, Jake, I'll be running late cause Im having dinner" she said.
"Yea, ok, I'll have dinner too" I said, and she hanged up.

Now let's see, where to have dinner?? Oh that's right, In-N-Outs is just around the corner, I'll go there.

So I had a 5 minute walk to the place, came in, bought a drink and surprisingly I saw Sabrina and Brad.

"Hey guys" I awkwardly greeted them.
"Hey Jake" Sabrina said. Looking suprised.
"Come on buddy, sit down" Bradley spoke up.
I slowly sat down, trying to not disturb the sweet couple.

"Where's you're date?" Sabrina asked.
"I don't have one" I laugh awkwardly.
"Didn't you ask Piper?" She said sipping her drink.

I tried to look like I didn't know what she was talking about, nobody knew I liked Piper except Bradley.

"Bradley!!??" I said loudly and everybody turned this way.
"It's okay Jake, don't worry abut it" Sabrina calmly said.
"Come on dude, you said you'd make your move" Said Bradley.
"I know, I'm asking her tonight" I said.

I took a sip on my coke for 5 seconds.

"Where's your Sis Sab??" I asked.
"Bailed on us with Peyton, they both already arrived at the dance" she said.
"Bud, wanna hang with us for a while, we're going to watch the sun set" Bradley said

I really don't want to be alone, I mean I could go with him but that would make me the third wheel.

"Nah, you guys just go on without me" I sadly said.
"Ok" he replied and they both walked out on me. I wasn't expecting that. I thought he would insist and let me come along but that's alright.

I'm okay, I'm okay, Piper will be arriving sooner and I'll just sit here until she calls. And guess what, it has been half a hour and Im still siting here. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and gave her a call.

"Hello? Jake where are you?" She asked. "Come here already" she said and hanged up.
She sounded like she had fun, I heard talking and laughing in the background.

So I came in the dance and everybody seemed to be having so much fun. I walked around for a bit and came across Piper, who was talking to her friends but didn't see me. I witnessed her dress, the one she bought when I was with her. She looked even prettier with her hair and makeup.

I felt sick after seeing her all beautiful and faith told me I couldn't do it. Then I ran around the room looking for a bathroom and went in. I came to the sink and washed my face.

"Okay, Jake you can do it" I told myself in the mirror. "Just tell her and-
Someone came in, it was Sarah who looked shocked.
"Sarah, what are you doing in the boys bathroom" I asked her.

There was silence.
"This is the girl's" she told me as she opened the door to let me see he the sign.

Oh my goodness, Im in the girl's bathroom. I looked at the mirror, my face had turned red. "My bad" I said and ran out as quickly as possible.

I ran out and bumped into Piper.
"Jake!!! Where have you been" she spoke excitedly
"Just in the, ummm, never mind" I said.
She chuckled and held my hand, "Jake I want you to meet somebody" she said and led me to where a couple of people were standing by.

I was so delighted when I saw her, and the way she held my hand was something I couldn't describe. I followed her and she stopped in front of a guy.
I had a feeling my face turned into a confused, blanked look.

"Jake, this is my boyfriend" Piper said hugging the guy.
I looked at him and looked at her, she felt happy. She looked like me when I was with her, little didn't she know, I liked her.

"Hey, I'm Rider" He said and led out a hand for me to shake.
I shaked it and greeted him.

Moments later,

"Piper can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked her.
"Sure"

We both walked to the corner where I'm positive nobody would care to eavesdrop.

"Piper, you said you're done dating people like him" I said
"Rider isn't anything like those cowards I've dated, he understands me Jake, we met yesterday on the beach when I fell down and he helped me up" She said giggling.

"Yea, but how do you know he's not like those other guys" I pointed out.
"Cause, he used to date people like that until he said he met me, we talked and we really seem to understand each other very well" She said.

I felt so stupid, I should have told her the day I started having feelings for her. I couldn't help it now, I just gotta tell her. My heart was pounding very quickly as I told her,
"Piper I like you" I spoke out.
"I've been in love with you for a very long time and I haven't had the courage to tell you"

Piper's POV.
I can't believe he just said that, did he really mean it? But it just won't work.
"Jake, I can't, I don't think of you in that way" I said
"Why, the last couple of days we had like a moment, didn't you feel it??" He said as he stared into by eyes.
"No" I declared
We stood there looking at each other just waiting for someone to say something.

"I told you Jake, I like you just as a friend" I said

I felt sorry for him , I didn't expect this at all. He stood there rubbing his forehead.

"I just like you as a friend. I'm sorry Jake" I said and patted him on the back and walked away from him, as I looked back, he still stood there with a hopeless mind.

Jake's POV.
I just can't hope for things anymore, I've never felt so abandoned in my life. I had tears in my eyes and I was trying to hold them in, my heart stopped pounding fast after what she told me and I too, felt sorry for myself. I stood there motionless waiting for anyone to come by and help me.

I closed my eyes, and I felt someone's hand on my back and I heard Bradley. I opened them and was relieved a little.

"Brad" I cried.
"Of course buddy, I'm not gonna lie, I eavesdropped" he said.
We both sat down on the chairs that were near us and Bradley helped me through all this, yep there's a friend you can rely on.

"Look Jake, there's plenty of girls out there for you" He said.
"Really??" I questioned.
"Of course, your a nice guy" he said.
"You think I'm cool??" I asked him.
"Dude, of course not, I'm the cool one" he joked, I let out a small laugh
"but yeah you're still cool, just wait for someone to come by" he said.

"Ahh thanks man" I said as we gave each other a man's hug and patted each other on back.
"You know, there's room for a thirdwheel, wanna join me and Sab??" Bradley asked.
"Yea, sure"

We got up and I followed him. Sure it wasn't the night I expected but there are other girls waiting for me but not today. So I officially crashed Bradley and Brina's night, I followed them everywhere but they enjoyed my company. I didn't feel anything for Piper anymore, guessed I moved on.

And from now on I don't hope for things easily, I'm just going to wait...

Hi guys, so end of Jake and Piper
I actually felt kind of sad when I wrote this part.
Anyways be sure to vote or comment and
Please follow me.