Chapter 6

~phone rings~

"The hell?" I groan, rolling over to pick up my phone. "Hello?" I answered.

"What the hell Emma, were you still sleeping??" Jessica said in an angry voice.

"What's up Jessica" I asked, avoiding the question. She huffed and I could tell something was seriously wrong.

"I'm giving you the apartment..." She said. I laughed.

"You can't be serious" I said. She stayed silent. "But why?!" I asked a little freaked out.

"I'll be home soon and we'll talk about it--" she hung up. I looked at the time.
"8:22!!!!!! Damn! Ive been sleeping this whole time??" I shook off my sleep and got up for the rest of the night. I used the bathroom, showered, and got dressed. I heard the door slam and Jessica frantically went into her room and began packing.

"Jessica?" I called after her. She pulled out her phone.

"...I'd like a ticket to Hong Kong..." I heard her say.

"Hong Kong?!" I asked in a whisper. Jessica ignored me. Then I heard her give the person on the phone a card number and a name that was familiar..."Is that the name of the missing girl??" She ignored me and asked if they held tickets. "Jessica!!" I yelled, she hung up the phone and finally acknowledged me. "What is going on?!?!?" I shouted.

"The man who made me do terrible things is back and he took Hope, the girl. I have to leave, now!" she said, walking past me and out the door.

"Wait? Where are you going?" I called after her.

"Just come with me" she said entering the elevator. Right before the doors shut Malcolm stopped it and stepped in.

"What's up with you" he asked insensitivity.

"I need money" Jessica said.

"How much?" Malcolm asked.

"You keep it..." She said.

"I stole it.." He said, I unintentionally shot him a look.

"I figured" Jessica said. Then, the doors opened. I followed her to a very nice building. She pulled me with her to a ladder that was for fire escapes.

"Why can't we just take the elevator??" I asked.

"Me and her haven't talked in awhile..." She said. We climbed all the way up to the very top. I was completely out of breath, I rolled over onto the belcony and nearly winded myself. Jessica just hopped over and was completely fine.

"How?" I said breathlessly. She just stood there, waiting for this woman to acknowledge her. The tallish blonde woman sent her guests home and met us outside. At first they were talking loudly. The blonde woman's name was Trish and they knew each other. Then they talked quietly and I minded my own business. At one point they both looked over to me, and Trish nodded. I didn't get it... Trish invited me inside and Jessica left. I sat down on her little bar area and she stood on the other side.

"I'm Trish Walker" she introduced.

"I've heard of you before, I like your talk show. I'm Emma" I said.

"Thank you Emma. Can I get you anything to drink?" She asked.

"Water please" I said looking over to carrots and ranch. I dipped one and ate it. "Did you give her the money?" I asked as she gave me a glass of water. She huffed.

"Yes I did" she said smirking a little.

"Why did she tell you to babysit me?" I asked taking a drink if water.

"Shes leaving the country to get away from someone. Not you, a bad man. She really cares about you and she thinks that you'd be safer with me" she explained.

"Huh?" I said. I had the best times of my life within this week and she's just leaving?

"The spare bedroom is all yours." She said then looked unsure.

"Thanks" I said taking another drink of water.

"Jessica told me that you were in saint Anne's for awhile..." She said.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked.

"I heard about what happened. That kid who died... I'm so sorry" she said. I felt my chest get heavy, I was gonna cry... I pushed away the feeling. "Its not your fault you know" she said.

"But it is... If I hadn't attacked her she wouldn't have gotten released and wouldn't have..." I tear rolled down my cheek. I got up and walked out onto the balcony, Trish came after me.

"I'm sorry I brought it up"

"No. Its fine" I said rubbing the tears out of my eyes.

"Its good not to forget, it makes you stronger" she said. I laughed.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Come back inside, its freezing out here" she said, putting her hand on my shoulder and leading me inside.

~~A Couple Hours Later~~

I snuck out of Trish's apartment and caught a cab to Jessica's. As soon as I walked into the building I saw Jessica running down the stairs and to the elevator. Jessica threw open the door. A mans dead body fell out into the lobby, while a woman sat dead, and a girl still holding the gun... The girl then came to realization and screamed for help. Jessica just walked away and out into the street. I stumbled outside holding in vomit. Another thing to see before I fall asleep at night. Jessica walked toward a cab she acted as if she was getting in... Then she changed her mind?

"C'mon kid, let's go" she said, I didn't ask I just followed. The next weeks were gonna be hell and I knew that. But Jessica saved me once before...