Chapter 29

Trish came into the hospital room with a plastic bag. She looked anxious or uneasy.

"I can't believe we're doing this. Especially in a hospital, "

"What are you scared?" Jess taunted.

"No, of course not but what if someone comes in and sees us, "

"Lock the door then, " Jess said.
I got up from my position on the couch to see what they were up to. Jessica opened up the bag to reveal a spirit board. Trish shadily locked the door.

"Alright let's do this fast someone could notice, " Trish said.

"You don't have to be here, "

"Actually yes I do... It says to not play alone, " Trish joked. Jess smirked, then began to open the box and set up the board. The spirit board was black with white lettering A-Z alphabet. A no labeled on the left and a yes on the right. Jess and Trish sat around the board like a couple of teenage girls at a sleepover. I sat down along with them and waited for them to begin. Jessica put the piece on the board.  As soon as their fingertips touch the piece I started to move it.

"Jess!" Trish jolted but kept her hands on the piece.

"Shh. Look, " Jess said.

T R A P P E D

"I told you!" Jessica punched Trish's arm.

"Ow! Okay.. Yeah, you were right. But how can we help?" Trish asked. They put their hands back in.

I D K

"Oh well she doesn't know either, " Trish said.

"Well what is your plan Trish?" Jessica questioned.

"..."

K I L L G R A V E

"Okay, " Jess said.

M A K E M E

"'Make me'? " Trish questioned.

"Kilgrave could be able to wake her up just by asking." Jess said.

"That could work but he wouldn't just do that for free, "

"I know, " Jess said pulling out her phone.

"Wait you're doing this right now? Let's just think about this for a minute, "

"Hey, it's me... Something happened and I need your help, "

~~2 hours later~~
Trish had taken off for her own safety while Jess mentally prepared.

Kilgrave came to the hospital as requested.

"What happened?" He asked, his voice made my physical body shiver. Jess stayed by the side of the bed and away from kilgrave.

"She's in a coma, " she replied.

"Any chance of her waking up?" He asked as if he cared.

"No, her power did this and the doctors don't understand, " she answered. There was a long pause. "Can you tell her to wake up?" Jess asked. Kilgrave looked almost shocked then smirk waved over his face.

"Why should I?" He questioned.

"I can't fight you anymore, I'm tired of running... If you wake her up I'll come with you willingly. Do anything you want,"

"I don't believe you, " kilgrave said wanting nothing but to believe her.

"Please, " Jessica begged.

"Come here, " he said in a luring tone. Jess was hesitant but complied. He touched her body like he owned her, memories of his abuse played in her mind. "You'll be good?" He asked in a whisper, his voice raising the hairs on my physical body. His presence was sickening and it's all I could feel. Jess shivered under his touch but agreed to his demands. He forced a kiss on her lips, she wanted to scream but she gave herself up for my freedom. As soon as kilgrave got his kiss he turned to me. He came to the bedside, leaned in real close and whispered something he would regret.

"I always knew you'd be the one to give me what I wanted. " Light and energy encircled my body as if it were signaling me to get ready.

~~Jessicas POV~~

He leaned over Emma's body and whispered something to her then stood back.

"Wake up, " he demanded. I felt myself holding my breath. Nothing happened, the monitors kept beeping, everything remained the same.

"What happened?" I questioned. Kilgrave went to go again.

"Wake-" Emma was now sitting up in bed with her hand around kilgrave's neck! Emma then appeared on the other side of the room with kilgrave still in grasp! "What are you doing, " he choked.

"What needs to be done, " she said then sent Kilgrave soaring into the window! He was forced right out of the window and fell to the world below. I ran to the window and looked down. People were gathered around him and police sirens echoed in the distance.

"We should go now..." I started. When I turned around Emma was no longer in the room. "Emma?" I called out. No reply but I could hear a commotion down the hall. I quickly jumped out of the window and to a nearby rooftop. Hopefully Emma was okay... I headed to find Trish, we had something to celebrate...

I met up with Trish at her apartment. I came in through the balcony and saw Trish already drinking the good wine.

"Kilgraves dead, " I uttered, the words felt good coming out. Trish nearly dropped her wine glass startled by my entry.

"Jess! Wait, what? He's dead! Are you sure"

"Yes, Emma threw him from the hospital window. " Trish gasped.

"It worked! Where's Emma?" She asked.

"After she woke up and threw him she disappeared, " I answered.

"I mean could you imagine, she just woke up from being in a coma and killed the man who has been torturing you... It's a lot, she'll probably just take some time away and come back when she's ready, "

"You're right, the kid has been through a lot... I just want her to be safe..."

~~Emma's POV~~

"I killed him, "

"You did what you had to... You'll have a better life now. Come see us and we'll help you, "

"I'll need some time but I wanted to reach out, "

"We understand, we'll keep an eye out for you, "

"What about the cops, they know I killed him, "

"We can take care of that too, "