Chapter 15

I woke up in Jessica's bathroom. My head was pounding. I tried to get up but my hand was handcuffed to the toilet's pipe. I changed when I pulled on it. Within seconds Jessica appeared in the doorway. 

"Feeling better?" She asked.

"I feel like you hit me in the head!" I shouted.

"You were becoming hysterical.." Jessica justified.

"Are you delusional!? I remember everything that happened!" I was really starting to get upset then composed myself. "Let me go, he'll be back soon," I said calmly.

"Emma... just hang in there a couple more hours and you'll be free," she said.

"Jessica! Nothing will change in a couple hours. I'm going to say the very same thing I did before you hit me," I claimed. Jessica started to play along.

"Okay. Say I believe you. Why don't you want to escape from him...? What does he have on you?" She asked. I sighed.

"Jessica... First off... He is my father and that's not the reason I stayed..." Jessica leaned into the door frame waiting on my story. "At first, he kidnapped me, said he'd hurt Trish if I didn't go with him... There, at the apartment I learned he was my father. While I waited for you to rescue me, I had to interact with him and he said things no one knows about. Jessica... I know, he's done horrible things... But horrible things have been done to him." I explained. Jessica looked hungry.

"What happened to him??" She questioned.

"He won't say. But Jess, he's not a bad guy and he's not a bad father either. He's getting there." I continued. Jessica didn't believe me.

"See you in a couple of hours." She smirked and walked away.

"Jessica!" I yelled after her, tugging on the cuff chain. "Where the hell did you get handcuffs!" I yelled again and somewhat relaxed myself, I was beginning to get uncomfortable. On the sink was a magazine. I sat up and leaned towards the sink, my arm outstretched in the direction. My fingers wiggled for the pages, my fingertips just barely reaching the pages. One touch pulled the magazine closer until it hit the floor. From there I held the book and was able to read it's contents. Mostly fashion articles and a page that smelt like a feminine musk. By the time I had finished reading Jessica walked into the bathroom with a hopeful attitude. She was acting different than before.

"How are you feeling?" She asked and suddenly I panicked to say the right thing.

"Much better," I lied. Jessica wouldn't be able to handle the truth yet. She looked relieved and willingly released me from the toilet. Jess helped me to my feet and brushed me off. Then she hugged me tightly. Before I was able to say anything she had let go and moved on.

"Now tell me, what's kilgrave's weakness?" She asked. I quickly removed myself from the bathroom and her handcuffs.

"Uh- Uh- Jess. I'm tired," I struggled for words.. I had to get back. Jessica was set off by my stutter.

"Emma... are you sure you're okay.." she asked suspicious of me. I backed away from Jessica in fear of being hit again. She took a few steps forward. I quickly searched for an exit. She took another step. "Emma.. you should rest a bit longer," Jessica said. I bolted! I took off toward the door throwing it open! I ran down the hall and into the elevator spamming the close door button as Jessica walked confidently toward the door. It closed in time and just as I thought I was safe Jessica forced the door open. My knees felt weak and I sat in the corner of the elevator looking up at Jessica trembling. Jessica saw what she was doing and stopped.

"What did he do to you?" She questioned.

~~4 days before~~

It was late at night, everything was quiet and peaceful. I was sitting up in bed praying to a larger power to save me. I wanted a better life, one that wasn't complicated or lonely. I got up and wandered into the living room. I sat on the couch and embraced the darkness. A small whine came from the other room. I slowly got up and followed the sound. I approached kilgrave's room, a quiet sob came from inside. I slowly opened the door and saw him sitting on the floor, his back up against the bed. I saw the shadow of him. His hands were in his hands and he spoke very softly. I couldn't make out the words he said. The floor creaked underneath me and he suddenly looked towards me. Before he could stand up and be angry, I entered the room and sat beside him. I placed my hand on his shoulder and suddenly I could feel his pain. My eyes could see flashes of torture and hear deafening screams. I quickly backed away from him. He was just as surprised as I was.

"How did you do that?" He asked softly.

"I don't know, it's never happened before," my voice was worn and winded.

"I think you're gifted, just as I am." He said. I shook my head.

"I don't think so... I think it's only you," I had this strange feeling of understanding between him and I. A bond.. I felt as if he had seen me grow up and had been through all my life events with me. And not just that, he did too. A tear slipped out of my eye.

"Dad,"

~~present day~~

After my story Jessica didn't have the level of understanding I hoped she would. Jessica just looked betrayed and in a way she was.

"I want to go back.. I have to go back," there was a hint of urgency in my voice. Jessica was unmoved. Still on the floor I kicked her legs and swept her down! On my way out of the elevator I clicked the top floor button and bolted. I ran for the apartment building and made it.

I knocked on the door and one of his minions answered. As soon as he saw me he over powered me and took me to kilgrave.

"I found her sir," he reported.

"Actually, you didn't. I knocked." I corrected. Kilgrave looked surprised to see me.

"Where were you!? What happened!?" He yelled. Rather than answering I just hugged him.

"I'm home,"