Chapter 24

Jessica sped the car to the location of the cage, the same place we were attacked. I sat in the backseat with him unconscious, he had burns from the fire and a few cuts on his face. I felt like a shell of myself....lost...  When we arrived Jess carried him inside as I followed slowly. In the room was a table and cameras with microphones all aimed at a glass cage. Jess opened up the sealed door, trampled through  water on the floor and set him on a bed before locking him inside
"The glass is sound proof and locked from the outside" Jess pointed out the cameras and sound system. "He can't control anyone through the sound system and the cameras are to videotape the confession." Then Jessica went up to the glass and pointed out a wire. "This little set up down here sends electricity into that water." She came back to the table and pressed a botton. There was a sudden zap sound from the wire, water in the cage jumped. Kilgrave was still unconscious but seemed to be okay. Jess had a smirk on her face, she felt as if she were winning and proud of it. She picked up her phone and made the final arrangments.

I sat down at the table with all the equipment and was careful not to touch the shock botton by accident. I kept my hands in my lap, wiping the sweat from my palms onto my pants. I zoned out watching kilgrave sleep and flashed back to the house, I killed Simpson, I threw him into the closet and ran without coming back for him.  But he attacked Jessica...  Jessica came in silently and could see tears on my face. She fell to my side and grabbed my hands.

"Emma! What's wrong?" Jessica shook me a little, I was sobbing unknowingly.

"I think I killed him- I think I killed Simpson." I cried. Jessica froze for a moment.

"No. No. Don't say that, we don't know that."

"I didn't see him leave" I sobbed. Jessica grabbed me up out of my chair and to my feet. She gripped onto my arms and looked me in the eyes.

"Emma, he wasn't himself, he was on a drug of some sort, his pupils were too large for him to have been in his right mind," Jessuca tried talking sense into me or at least tried to pull me back to reality.

"You're right." I agreed. Footsteps came from down the hall and approached slowly. I looked up and made eye contact with kilgrave who was now wake.

"Perfect timing. Hogarth!" Jess called. A skinny white woman with shirt black hair came into the room.

"Jessica! What tye hell is going on here!"

"Help! Help me! Please!" Kilgrave pounded and shouted at the glass. Horrified Hogarth turned to Jessica.

"This is illegal!" Hogarth shouted.

"Thus is the man that did all terrible those things Hogarth it might be illegal but hope needs this... She needs us" Jessica spoke to a secret side of Hogarth.

"I'll see it through" she agreed. Kilgrave who had been raving behind the glass melted down into the water and sat defeated. Jessica powered on the camera and focused on kilgraves face. He acted as if he were wrongly imprisoned. I watched from the sidlines as they questioned him. Question after question for the next half an hour were just ramblings from kilgrave trying to pretend he's the victim. Hogarth showed a dislike in the process. Jess could see her hesitation.

"Hogarth, I'm telling you, what I got next will get him to confess." Kilgraves parents, aka my grand parents came into the room slowly. They trembled a little seeing Kilgrave even in the cage.

"He- he can't control us while hes in there right?" Albert asked a little more shaken than his wife.

"Yes. You're safe, did you bring it?" Jess asked. Kilgrave stared blankly through the glass.

"Yes, it took a lot of time but it should work," Albert confirmed.

"What is it?" Hogarth asked intrigued.