Chapter 26

A sickening feeling fell over me when I walked through the door. I was lead down a corridor, to the right was a doorway. My escort stopped and pointed toward the building's elevator.

"Top floor suite, " the man said zombified. I nodded, headed into the elevator, and pressed the floor button.
The elevator opened up into the room and I stepped inside. Straight ahead was a balcony with the door wide open. My stomach dropped as I walked out onto the roof. Kilgrave sat comfortably at a table. He sipped his coffee confidently. On the edge of the roof stood Emma, Hope, Malcolm, and the dumbasses who released kilgrave.
I went to take a step closer but as I did everyone inched back on the ledge.

"Let them go..." I pleaded. He smirked and took another drink. There were too many people at risk, even if ran I could only save a few and the rest would fall. It was risky and kilgrave knew it. "Just tell me what you want, " I said defeated. Kilgrave sat up.

"You know what I want, " he said.

"Let them go. All of them." I demanded. Kilgrave seemed unmoved then nodded.

"One at a time. No funny business or they all jump" he threatened. I nodded agreeing with the terms.

~~Emma's  POV~~

I watched as Jessica nodded her life away. A man standing closest to kilgrave started to step down from the ledge. A breath of relief escaping him. After him, a woman stepped down tears in her eyes. Hope and I were at the end of the line for obvious reasons. I didn't know what would happen when we stepped down but Hope was shaking. Kilgrave got cocky and walked up to Jessica. He caressed her face as a lover would. Jessica went to fight him but before she could react, she remembered she couldn't or one of us would jump. I felt sick inside and Hope shook harder. Another person stepped down, now only three of us were standing. Hope stopped settled down and was calm.

"Jessica... Kill him, " she spoke. Jessica and kilgrave both watched as Hope took a large step back and fell. Jessica rushed to the ledge. The guy to the left and I both jumped without question. I felt as if I were flying for a brief moment then I felt Jessica grip my ankle and throw me back onto the roof. Kilgrave was gone and everyone was okay... Accept Hope. Jessica punched the wall of the apartment crashing right through it with her strength.

"Dammit!" She cried. Finally out of the daze I rushed over to Jess. I tried to comfort her but she pushed me away and left the apartment. I didn't chase after her, she needed her space.

Left on the roof with the survivors, Malcolm came over and hugged me.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" He questioned. I hugged him back and didn't speak for a moment. Tears welled up quicker than I wanted and I couldn't stop them. I was released from the hug and he saw my eyes.
"Hey, let's get out of here, " he suggested. "We should all get out of here before the cops show up. If you need support meet up at the restaurant, " he announced. A red-haired woman who had been hysterical the whole experience, but had let killgrave out, was still sobbing in the corner. Malcolm came to her rescue then we all went home.

I came into the apartment and saw Jessica with a bottle of whiskey. I came in, went to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of wine, and flopped on the couch. Jess looked up from her drunkenness and raised the bottle for cheers. I raised the wine bottle to her whiskey bottle then we drank.

I woke up to loud knocks on the door. Jess was still up drinking. I must have just dozed off.

"Jess, it's me, Trish, open up. I saw it on the news, " she called.

"It's open, " Jess said. Trish came in and just stopped.

"Have you been drinking?" She asked. Jessica just glared at her. The wine bottle had been cuddled up to me.
"You too!" Trish said mortified. She grabbed the bottle away from me and took Jessica bottle.

"Hey! You didn't pay for those!" Jess called, too drunk to chase. Trust opened up the balcony door and tossed both bottles down below.

"There. Now you won't be tempted, " she said. Jess just hopped up and started to leave. "What where are you going?" Trish questioned.

"Don't worry about it, " she said heading into the elevator.

"I should go after her. You stay here, " she commanded. I just nodded and laid back down. I closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep. I saw flashes of us up on the roof... Over and over again. Each image held an emotion I couldn't handle. I sat up and went for Jessica's drawer knowing she had more than what was thrown. Sure enough, more liquor... I popped the cap and chugged till it burned. I put the cap back on and got comfy on the couch. Within moments I was out cold.