Chapter Three

Tyler

I knew the moment she spoke that she wasn't like most girls. She wasn't going to fawn over me and beg to sleep with me. I was going to be the one to do the begging.

So with some quick thinking I had gotten her out of that dump of a dorm and into my Porsche. I hadn't expected her to freak out when I passed ninety, but she had and it left me even more intrigued.

Her rough breathing filled the car. It was almost deafening the way she sucked air in desperately. I had never seen anyone so freaked out in all my life. Was she having a panic attack or something? I had heard about those, but had never experienced one or seen one in action.

I wasn't really sure what to do to make it better so I just stared forward and pretended I didn't hear the rush of breaths coming from her lips or see the way her hands had turned white from gripping the handle above her head. Or even the way her back heaved up and down from her ragged breaths as she put her head between her knees.

Now I had two girls I wouldn't be able to get out of my head and no prospects for getting under them and getting over them. I had never been at a standstill like this. Usually when a girl entered my head, it was easy to bed them and forget them.

All of my normal tricks just weren't working with this girl so I was going to have to pull out the big guns. The shit no woman could turn down.

When we got to the library, I excused myself for a moment and stepped around the corner of a shelf to get a grip and prepare myself for this.

Before I could even finish rehashing my plan in my head I felt the familiar buzz of my phone in my jeans. I couldn't help but to reach in and pull it out.

I knew without even looking it was sad lonely girl. She was on a roll today.

I shoved the phone back into my pocket, and slipped back around the corner

I shoved the phone back into my pocket, and slipped back around the corner. Piper was waiting patiently for me as her eyes scanned a row of books. For a single moment I wondered if she was sad lonely girl, but the absurdity of that had me shaking the thoughts off and I settled my mind back on the task at hand. Of all the places in all the world, sad lonely girl wouldn't be here. Especially since she mentioned Duke. This place was a total garbage bin compared to Duke. Now if I could just get Piper to open up to me a little bit.

"So yeah this is the library. Listen it's late and I'm starving how about I buy you dinner and then we can continue this tour." I said, as I gave her a small smile. I pretended not to notice the flinch at my words.

Was the prospect of being around me so terrible?

"I'm not really into you like that Ty. This isn't a date, this is a tour." She replied quickly.

"No darling I don't do dates. This is me trying to be kind and welcome the new girl at school remember?" That was almost a little too quick. I wonder if she knew I had rehearsed that line about dating for other girls before her. The way she looked at me had me panicked a bit.