Chapter Twenty Two

Piper

I watched Ty sleep, taking the time to really look at his features. He was a handsome guy, just a slight stubble on his face and a small scar underneath his right eye.

I wondered where it came from, if it was abuse or something else. If I wasn't looking closely I wouldn't have even seen it. It was light and blended in with his skin.

I thought back to earlier when Jake had cornered me in the kitchen and warned me of his fragile mindset and asked me not to hurt him. I told him I already knew more than he thought and I didn't plan on going anywhere. I also told him I thought he was a great friend for being so worried about him. Tyler could really use good friends. Especially when he got down on himself.

Jake didn't seem like the asshole I had met before, the guy who made crude comments when I had mistakenly jumped into Tyler's arms and tried to screw him right in front of the guys. In my defense I hadn't known they were there though.

Maybe those guys changed and grew with Tyler. Maybe that's what friends do. Sophie and I tended to change each other. Wasn't that the golden rule? People change people? It only made sense that Ty's best friends would change too.

I admired Jake for taking that risk, I could see the jealousy in Ty's eyes as he came into that kitchen as if it were on fire. It would have scared me to death if he had looked that way at me.

He had nothing to worry about though, Jake wasn't interested in me at all. He was more interested in making sure his friend didn't get hurt.

My phone buzzed on the table beside me, and I reached out for it.

I quickly responded and slipped out from Tyler's hold

I quickly responded and slipped out from Tyler's hold. I thought about leaving a note, but that would only make him panic. Instead I shook him.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" He murmured, eyes opening just a crack to look at me

"My friend needs me. I'll be back soon okay?"

His eyes opened wider and he rubbed them, sitting up to look at me.

"What?"

"My friend. I'm gonna go meet her. I'll be back soon. I didn't want to leave without waking you." I said.