Chapter Fifteen

Tyler

Piper was insistent that we not talk about anymore heavy stuff tonight. I was prepared to let it all out, until she stopped me.

Instead she wanted to go eat dinner and then she wanted me to help her decorate her room.

I changed my shirt quickly, opting for something a little more presentable, and we headed out the door.

I was taking her to my favorite restaurant, La Belle Fondue. It was an assortment of nothing but fondue, from appetizer to dessert. The restaurant was dark and secluded, each of the tables private with a romantic feel.

I didn't take girls here, because I didn't do dates, but Piper was special. And somehow I wanted to show her that. If a restaurant that cost around a hundred dollars a plate didn't say she was special, I didn't know what would. Not that I couldn't afford it, but I wasn't one to just drop that kind of money on someone else.

Her eyes grew wide as we walked in the door, taking in the flower patterned walls and the low lighting. She looked over at me with her eyebrows raised and swallowed a few times before speaking.

"Ty, how much does this place cost?" She asked quietly, as to avoid the hostess hearing.

"You don't worry about that Piper, I'm paying." I said, pushing her forward to the counter.

"Tyler Scott, I have a long standing reservation." I said, smiling at the hostess.

She ran her finger down a page in her book, tapping it twice.

"Yes Mr. Scott, right this way."

When we got to the table, Piper's mouth dropped open. It was the most secluded table in the place, and above it was a crystal chandelier that glittered the walls with its beautiful light.

"I'm just going to go ahead and turn on the burner so it will be nice and warm for when you order." The hostess said.

I slid into the round seat at the table, patting the spot next to me.

"So, basically everything is fondue. For appetizer we will pick a cheese dip and they will bring us an assortment of breads and vegetables to dip in it. Then we will choose a main course, which will be an assortment of meats that we will cook ourselves. Last we will choose a chocolate. There will be an assortment of fruits, cakes, and other yummy treats to dip. I hope you are hungry Piper because I promise that you will leave here full." I handed her a menu and watched as her eyes lit up taking all of this in.

I had reacted the same way when I happened to stumble across this place. It was like being in food heaven.

"This is amazing." She said, flipping page after page.

"Tell me Piper, what kind of cheese would you like? Personally I like the Spinach Alpine." She glanced down at the menu, running her finger down the assortment of cheese dips and landing on the Spinach Alpine.

"That sounds delicious." She said, looking over at me. "Let's go with Spinach Alpine."

I smiled, flipping the page for her and pointing to the meats.

"Okay, now pick an entree. Whatever you want. There will be enough for us to share."

"Definitely Land and Sea. I've never had lobster tail or duck breast before." She said.

"You will love it."

I flipped another page, pointing down to the desserts and watched as her face lit up even brighter.

"Now dessert." I said.

"White Chocolate Crème Brûlée."

I took the menu from her and closed it, grasping her hand and placing it in my lap under the table.