Chapter Fourteen

Piper

I used to be one.

Those words kept echoing in my head over and over again. Jonathan hadn't seemed like the player type. He seemed like the sweet guy who never got the girl. The nerdy one who sat in the front of class so he wouldn't have to look at the one girl who wouldn't leave his mind. Guess that's what I get for stereotyping.

It was becoming more and more clear that I knew nothing about him while he knew everything about me. I was determined to remedy that. Somehow I would get him talking.

He had sent that one five minutes ago

He had sent that one five minutes ago. I didn't reply, because I wasn't sure what to think of this little exchange going on between us. Should I even be doing this?

I decided that thinking too much was overrated.

I clicked on the number, saving it to my phone under his name instead of Mysterious Boy

I clicked on the number, saving it to my phone under his name instead of Mysterious Boy. Sophie couldn't be mad about it this time, since I was talking to a real person now. In fact she should be happy. I now had two guys who I was talking to, and both of them were very much alive.

As I thought about it, I wondered where Sophie was. It seemed unusual to come back from class to find an empty room. If her stuff wasn't strolled across my floor, I would think she had left me without a goodbye. 

I had always been jealous of her free spirit, her ability to live life without fear. I was in a constant state of fear and doubt. Even with Jack I still couldn't be as free as she was.

The only thing I hated about it, was she often left without a goodbye. At first I would worry, but then like always a few months later she would show up again, slap full of stories about one of her many adventures.

I was always jealous of the fact she could drop everything and go on an adventure. Meanwhile I had too much holding me back. She was straight forward and blunt too, sometimes even to the point of being hurtful, but she always told the truth like it or not. I wished I could do the same. Instead I had to worry about others feelings.

A knock sounded at promptly seven o'clock, and I smiled knowing it was him. I glanced down at my outfit, unsure if I had chosen right.

It seemed like this was a date, and while I wasn't necessarily ready for a date, I couldn't seem to say no.