Chapter Thirteen

Tyler

When I woke in the middle of the night, Piper was gone. My bed felt cold and empty. I realized that for the first time in a long time, I had slept soundly. For the first time in a long time, the nightmares hadn't plagued me. I had slept so soundly I felt like a brand new man.

All along I had thought only the alcohol could numb me enough to make the nightmares stay at bay, but all along I only needed her.

For the first time in my life I looked forward to what was to come. For the first time in my life I wanted more. I had never slept with a girl twice; I had never wanted too. But with Piper I wanted more. I needed more.

I closed my eyes, seeing her clearly in my head. Seeing her long red hair splayed across my pillow, her eyes hooded and staring up at me. The long scar that marred her beautiful body, its only purpose to make her even more beautiful. It was a part of her, and despite not knowing how it got there, I loved it.

I could still feel her touch against my skin, her legs wrapped tightly around me. I remembered the way it felt to be buried inside her, the way her soft moans filled my ears. It was like heaven.

I had spent an hour pleasuring her, forsaking my own needs just to make sure she was sated before taking for myself. Every moment, every second, was all about her. Time stood still for me as I wrapped myself up in her, giving her everything I could possibly give.

I longed to do it all over again, and then again, until I had nothing more to offer her. I hadn't even meant to fall asleep, but I felt safe with her arm wrapped around my chest. I felt whole again. I felt alive again.

My phone buzzed on the bedside table. I rolled over and grabbed it, somehow hoping it was Piper. As far as I knew she didn't have my number, but it was possible she could have gotten it from someone.

Sad lonely girl had struck again. Was it possible to want two people so desperately at the same time?

 Was it possible to want two people so desperately at the same time?

I waited a beat before another message came through.

I thought for a moment, wondering exactly how she had gotten that nickname

I thought for a moment, wondering exactly how she had gotten that nickname. It had really just been in a quick haste to get my phone in my pocket. Her first text made me think sad and lonely so that is what I called her.