Chapter Sixteen

Piper

Ty left an hour ago to go home, take a shower and change clothes. He was supposed to be meeting his friends tonight for game night, and even though he had said he would cancel, I had refused.

I didn't want to depend on him to be there like I had so easily done with Jack. I knew if I was going to try to open myself up to someone again I had to try to do it the right way.

I hadn't planned for him to stay last night, but after Sophie berated me for lying and asked what he was hiding for me to lie about him, I just didn't want to be alone. She had basically accused me of getting with the first loser I saw.

It had hurt, her accusing me of such a thing, and even though she was right about the first guy, Ty wasn't a loser. I had thought this was what she wanted, me to find someone else to take Jacks place, so it confused and hurt me when she got so angry about it. It wasn't like I planned to feel something for Ty, it just kind of happened.

She had even told me she would be back for her stuff and she would leave me alone for good. In her eyes I was no better than her mom for lying to her and that was the one thing she couldn't accept. I had lied about several things lately and she didn't know if she could forgive me.

I had been too stunned to even say anything, and I had hoped that Ty hadn't heard her hushed words. Thankfully he hadn't. Or if he did he said nothing.

Now I was sitting here all alone and the only thing I could think about was Jonathan and how much I wanted to talk to him. He was kind of like my own personal therapist if you think about it. He knew more about me than anyone else in this world except Sophie.

Sophie was my best friend in the whole world and even she didn't know some things that I had told Jonathan. Things that only Jack had ever been privy to. And some that he hadn't.

I typed out a text, surprised when he answered right away.

Very blunt today aren't we? He said that almost as if it was joke

Very blunt today aren't we? He said that almost as if it was joke. Was it a joke? Surely not.

I didn't know what to think of that. Nightmares? That had to be a shitty way to spend his nights.

I wondered what they were about, but I was kind of afraid to even ask.