Chapter Seventeen

Tyler

There was a loud knock on the door. I stood from the poker table, walking towards it.

It was probably the pizza we had ordered almost an hour ago. I was thankful it had finally shown up, because I was so hungry I could feel my insides practically eating themselves just to have some nourishment.

I hadn't meant to go all day without eating, but after leaving Piper's I had come straight home and showered. Before I even finished getting dressed the guys were knocking on my door.

I flung the door open, eyes widening as I saw her standing there. There was a look in her eyes that said 'don't mess with me or else' and I knew better than to say anything.

Shock wore off and turned into something else as she lunged for me. Her lips crashed into mine, her legs wrapping tightly around my waist. I was stunned, confused, unsure what was happening here.

It didn't take long to reciprocate the kiss. My hands ran up her back, pushing her tightly against me as the kiss deepened.

A loud whistle sounded behind me, startling me and Piper both. She pulled away quickly, dropping back to the floor with the help of my guiding hands. Her eyes went wide as she realized we had an audience.

"Damn Ty. You fucking liar." Matt said, openly staring at her.

I wanted to punch him for looking at her so hungrily, but more I wanted to make sure she was alright.

"Come in here to my room and we can talk. Y'all dicks can excuse us a moment can't ya?" I placed my hand on her back, guiding her forward and towards my room.

"What does he mean you lied?" She asked, looking back and forth between me and the guys.

"Oh. Ty said he was tired of sleeping around and that his trusty hand could do the job." John said, winking at her.

"Shut the fuck up and go drink some more beer you ass wipe." I said, flicking his head as I walked by. "Just ignore them Piper, they're idiots."

I pushed her into my room, closing the door behind us and took her back in my arms. Her head rested against my chest and I wondered if she could feel my fast beating heart. If she could possibly understand the hold she had on me.

That kiss had spiked an adrenaline rush inside me, waking up the deepest parts of me.

"Are you okay sweetheart? I'm sorry about my friends. They're a bunch of douche bags."

"Why did you lie about sleeping with me?" She said, pulling away and staring into my eyes. "Was I not good enough to talk about?"

"No sweetheart. You were perfect. I didn't tell them because I didn't want them to think you were just another number. You aren't just a number to me Piper. You're so much more. The guys, they wanted me to hook up with some girls and I didn't want to because I think we have something between us, so I told them I was done with all that. Don't you think there's something between us? Am I wrong?" I was starting to think she didn't feel the same way I did, despite the kiss she just bestowed upon me.

Maybe I'm just sex to her.

The thought of that had my stomach turning, making me sick. Is that how all the girls felt when I was done with them? It wasn't like they didn't know my rules before it happened. I had been crystal clear.

"You turned down sex for... me?" She was surprised. I couldn't blame her. I was surprised myself at first.

"Since the day I met you."