4-How To Save A Life (part 2)

Authors note,
          (See previous note from part 1)
          -M xx
----------------------------------------------

It had been two weeks since I had been at PJs flat. Yeah, I missed him, I missed him like hell. But I couldn't stay Around and hurt him like that. If he was able to watch me shrivel up and die over these next 6 weeks, he would try to shrivel up and die with me and I simply could not let that happen 

I sat on my sofa watching old Dragon Ball Z reruns when my phone rang. I already knew who it was. It was a text Sophie.

Sophie: "get down here. Be quick. It's urgent." It read.

Me: "ok? What happened?" I texted back.

Sophie: "it's PJ. He tried to do it again."

I didn't even have to ask what he 'tried to do again'.

Me: "alright. On my way."

I got up and got ready as quickly as possible. I figured I would be there for a few days, but I didn't even have to pack. Most of my clothes were still there anyways.

I grabbed my black backpack that a took practically everywhere and slipped on my shoes. I was off.

-

The train pulled into Brighton Station and I exited, naturally getting strange looks. Yes, I know I look dead.

I waked in the cold drizzling rain until I got to the flat.

I stepped into the doorstep and closed my eyes for a moment to pray to whatever is out there that he is okay.

I unlocked the door with my key and stepped in.

I hung my coat and slipped off my shoes, still struggling to keep my balance. It was clearly getting worse. What people would consider years of aging, was taking over me in weeks time.

There was no one in the living room. It seems that PJ was still locked away in his room.

I walked into his room. Yep, he was still there. He was lying face down on the bed, his head stuffed in between two pillows.

It was the middle of the day. He should be awake by now.

I stepped in and gave his lower back a little scratch and sat down next to him. He didn't move or make a sound.

I rolled over and laid next to him. I lifted the pillow from the top of his head and tossed it aside.

I sat and played with his hair for a few minutes. Hopefully, he was ok.

-

After a while, PJ finally looked up at me. His eyes were red, as if he had been crying for hours. Days even.

But I knew he had been crying for longer than days.

Weeks.

More like months.

"Why did you come back?"

I kissed his forehead. I pointed to myself, made a heart shape with my hands, and then pointed to him. This menu 'I love You."