8-Spilled Coffee

Authors note,
          This was a request by the lovely EskimoGirl007 hope you all enjoy!
           -M xx
----------------------------------------------

I'm usually the kind of person who is mad at the world anyways, and today was no different.

I sat in the warm bookstore with my mind in another land, as usual.

I walked down the isles and stopped from time to time to look at a book or two. This was my usual routine.

I peered down to my watch.

7:57PM. The bookstore would be closing soon so I better split.

The cold air smacked my face as I exited the cozy store.

I figured I could go grab a coffee, since it was only about 8PM and who needs sleep anyways.

I walked down the brick stoned streets, following the path to my usual coffee shop nook.

This wasn't a Starbucks or some other big chain of restaurants, it was a locally ran independent shop that had been there for as long as I could remember. It has always been my favorite place to stop in and read for a while or grab a coffee.

I walked in and I heard the familiar sound of the bell above the door ring.

"The usual." I told the girl at the counter.

I come to this place so much I had a usual. Now I sound like a prick. I'm not, I promise.

She went to make my coffee as I waited for her to call out my order.

I took a seat at a bar of seats that lined up with the windows. I sat and began to stare out the windows and into the rainy Brighton skies.

After a few minutes the same girl called out my order and I snapped out of my phase of nothingness. I noticed that there were a few other people that had walked in and were placing orders and such.

I walked up to the counter and took my coffee from her hand and thanked her.

Right as I was turning around I ran straight into someone. Or they ran into me. Anyways, I had just collided with somebody in the middle of this coffee shop!

I looked up at this man who I had bumped into. He was tall and had brilliantly green eyes and beautiful curly brown hair.

I saw that he had coffee spilled all over the front of his green shirt.

"Oh- I-I I'm so sorry!" I stuttered.

"No no it's ok, it was my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going." His deep voice made me jump a big and stand up straight.

"Oh uh n-no I think I might have ruined your shirt." I put my free hand over my mouth, almost in tears at the embarrassment.

"Ruined? No way! I can just wash it out silly." The man giggled. "Let me buy you a new coffee, love."

"Aw no that's alright. You don't have to do that." I sighed.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I don't need the caffeine anyways." I laughed.

"If you say so. By the way, I'm PJ!" He held out his hand.

"Y/N. Nice to meet you PJ. Again, I'm sorry for spilling coffee all over your nice green shirt there." I shook his hand. His firm grip was reassuring... Comforting even.

"That's a beautiful name. And don't worry about the shirt! I've got a hoodie to put on over it." He winked. "Want to have a sit?"