11-Freckles And Constellations

Authors note,
          Requested by Owlyburd  this one was so fun to write because I absolutely adore Dodie Clark's music.
-M xx
(This one is based off the song called Freckles and Constellations by the lovely Dodie Clark. Aka Doddleoddle)
----------------------------------------------

I was just finishing up getting ready for my date with PJ tonight, as the doorbell rang.

I ran out of the bathroom and down the hall to let him in.

I unlocked the door and swung it open to see my lovely boyfriend.

"Hey, love. Ready to go?" He said, sounding quite excited and pleased with himself.

"Absolutely. Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He grabbed my hand.

He basically flung me out of the flat and out into his car.

Whatever this was, he was proud of himself for it.

That little grin never left his face. He kept it there the whole ride. And personally, it was making me nervous. That expression, to me, read 'hey I'm Peej and I'm here to surprise you' and I don't take very kindly to surprises.

But whatever it is that this is about, I'm sure it's going to be great. Knowing PJs ability to plan things and to be a hopeless romantic, it would surely be fantastic.

After a fairly long car ride, he turned down an old dirt road. By now, it was pitch black out and we were in the middle of dead nowhere.

"PJ, this is freaky." I whispered.

"Don't worry. It will be nice, I promise." He parked the car.

I looked around to notice that we had come to a nice clearing.

"Stay here for a second." PJ said and stepped out into the dark.

I heard him pop the trunk and then slam it shut again.

I could hear him rustling around the grass and whistling some odd incoherent tune.

After a few moments a flame flickering out in PJs general direction, or where I thought he was.

He had managed to figure out an old style Oil lamp.

"C'mon out, love!" He opened the passenger side door.

"Thank you." I reached up to kiss his cheek.

He lead me up a hill to the cutest setup I've ever seen.

"PJ! You didn't! You took me stargazing!" I slung my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Well, I know how much you like the night sky... Soooo I wanted to hand it to you on a silver platter."

"Aren't you sweet and poetic today." I said and PJ giggled.

-

Before I knew it, PJ had laid out an old table cloth on the grass and we were staring up at the stars.

"You picked the perfect night for this, there isn't a cloud in the sky." I whispered.

Instead of replying, he softly pulled me against him. My head was pressed against his chest and he had his arms wrapped around me. It was kind of like a weird hug, but laying down.

It was surprisingly comfortable.

The cool breeze swept against my body, making me stutter.

Apparently, he noticed.

PJ sat up and took off his jumper.

"Here, you feel cold." He whispered, for some reason. Probably not to disturb the calm silence in the midst of our relaxed state.

"T-thank you." I shivered as I sold it on over my top. "B-but won't you G-get cold?"

"Don't worry about me." He laid back down next to me.

The sweet sent coming from his jumper filled my mind with ease. The calming drug of warmth and comfort started to make me tired.

He pulled me close against his chest, again.

I was clearly struggling to keep my eyes open, because PJ started to rub my back. He knows that back rubs are my weakness.

-

I awoke to a since movement. Somebody was carrying me.

"Hmmmm...." I whimpered. "Peeeeejaaaayyy."

"Hey, love." I felt his lips on my forehead.

"Where am I?" I sat up, incoherent from my accidental nap.

"You feel asleep while we were stargazing. I'm carrying you into you're flat."

Shit! I fell asleep! What the fuck. What's wrong with me?!

"Oh my god PJ I'm sorry." I jumped down from his arms.

"No, don't be. it's ok. You are a cute sleepy girl. I found it quite attractive, actually." He shrugged.

I could feel my face start to blush.

I grabbed his hand and we walked back to mine.

-

Before I could think twice about it, PJ had made me go to bed. I kept telling him that I wasn't tired and that I ruined our date.

I sat in by bed with my pajamas on, like a child, With PJ standing next to me.

"Well, it looks like time for me to be go-" I cut him off.

"Noooooooo staaaayyy." I whined.

"are yo-" I cut him off again.

"Peej, I wouldn't have asked you to stay if I didn't want you to." I smirked.

"I don't even have anything to wear?"

"So, just sleep in your boxers. It's not like it's anything new." I giggled and he nodded.

-

After a while, PJ and I were laying in bed, cuddled in each others arms. We were both half asleep and not very bubbly.

"Did you miss me while you were lookin' for yourself out there?" He whispered.

"More than anything."

"I love you."

"I love you too, space kid. I love you too."