5-Secondary School Chorus (part 1)

Authors note,
After 'How To Save A Life' I was wanting to do something a bit lighter. Luckily, puny_god had a brilliant request for me to write a Secondary school imagine. From what I know about my schooling in comparison to those years in The USA (in American Jr. high and high school) I will be writing about a school Chorus. I'm not from the UK so I'm not so keen on how their schools work so just bare with me. Thanks. And trust me, there will be more school imagines that aren't about chorus.
-M xx
P.s. I hope everyone is recovering well from How To Save A Life. It was pretty grim. And what I didn't tell you guys is that it was based off a true story. Oops.... And I'm a chorus brat so this story is very close to my heart.
----------------------------------------------

The starting bell rang.

Today is Monday, the worst day of the week.

I walked threw the front entrance of the school and walked into the office. This was my last year of Secondary School and since I was all honors I got offered to work in the office instead of taking some classes that I had already completed. It is sort of like graduating early but I didn't. I, of coarse, took that offer.

I had been working in the office for a few weeks and knew all the people who worked there. I was the only student which was somewhat awkward at times but I got over that pretty quickly.

I mostly just answered the phone and handles paperwork, it was actually quite simple.

Don't get me wrong, I still had classes to go to! I just didn't have to take all of them, leaving me with a few free periods go to work in the office.

-

I sat down in my office chair and placed my book bag under my desk. I typed away at the computer, filing some attendance records. 

"And this is the front office." Mrs. Anderson spoke and walked around the corner, followed by a new student. He was tall and had beautifully curly brown hair.

"And this is Y/N. She is also a student here." She motioned to me as the boy waved at me.

"Y/N, this is PJ Liguori. From what I can tell, you two have some of the same classes. Your job for today is to show Mr. Liguori, here, around and get him familiar."

I nodded and did as told. Mrs. Anderson went back to her office to play solitaire on her computer, as usual.

I grabbed my backpack, stood up, and walked out from behind my desk.

"Hey PJ, I'm Y/N." You held out your hand for him to shake it.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled and shook my hand. Wow this boy had a good grip.

Boy. What am I saying. This "boy" already looked like a finely attractive young man. Not a boy.

"Can I see your schedule?" I asked. He handed me a white sheet of paper with a chart on it. "Oh ok so you have Chorus first, then English literature. You're in luck! I have English with you and I know the chorus teacher quite well."

A smile grew across his face and he nodded.

"Wow first day here and I already made a friend that I have classes with!" He laughed.

"Absolutely. The bell is about to ring, let's hurry." I started walking, he followed at my side.

The still packed halls were full of girls looking and pointing at us. Probably whispering about how attractive PJ is or why on earth he is walking with me.

"Those are the bathrooms" I pointed to the left. He nodded.

-

"And this is the chorus room." I showed him to two double doors into the chorus room. I could hear everyone starting to sing the Carol of The Bells.

I swung open the doors and let us in.

Everyone was standing up in their places and the teacher, Mrs. Raider, was conducting. She held up her hand and threw it out to the side, signaling for everyone to come to a full stop.

"Good morning Y/N, back again to own my class? who's your friend?" She asked me.

"Good morning ma'am, and yes of coarse! this is PJ Liguori, our new student." I said and he waved. I saw some girls in the classroom whispering and pointing over at him. "PJ this is Mrs. Raider. She is basically my chorus mom."

"Nice to meet you PJ, are you ready to start?"

"Absolutely, ready as I will ever be!" He snickered.

"Y/N, will you be joining us today instead of sitting up there in your office chair?" Mrs. Raider asked.

"Yes indeed. I'm just here to keep PJ company." I giggled and shoved PJs arm.

-

I used to be the "leader" our schools chorus. I was almost famous for our Christmas Concerts. The star piece of the show, myself leading in The Carol Of The Bells.

I looked around the room. Most of this group were in younger years.

"Y/N, let's start with Carol Of The Bells." Everyone giggles and cheered a bit. This is what I was best at.

"Yes ma'am, let's show PJ who's boss." I smirked at PJ and he laughed.

"Oh trust me, she's already got that covered." PJ laughed.

"Watch and learn." I joked as PJ stood at my side and watched.

Everyone let out a giggle before I stepped up to the front plate and started to conduct and sing the song.

(authors note, the song is up there at the top of the page for you to listen)

-

Everyone turned and clapped.

I took a bow. "Thank you, thank you my people!" I laughed.

"You're so good!" PJ hugged me.

"Awww thank you!" I said, still hugging PJ.

Everyone oooo'd and aaaahhhh'd for a moment before I broke the awkwardness.

"Alright, I think that's enough. I think i best be going, I have other work to do. Don't mess up PJ, ok!?" I waved and stepped towords the door "have fun, I will be back when this class ends to take you to your next one." I whispered to PJ.

"What. No. Don't leave me hear! I'm not a chorus kid! At least not yet!" He whispered back.

"Hey Mrs. R? Give PJ my conducting wand and teach him how to conduct these kids. They are off key." I said to Mrs. Raider from across the room.

Anyone in that room who knew better gasped a bit. I was the only student in our chorus who knew how to conduct properly and was allowed to lead a concert. The only other soul in this school who could was Mrs. Raider.

"Got ya, you're a life saver Y/N!" She said.

"No problemo!" I started to back out of the room "I'll be back to get you later." I pointed at PJ.