13-Going Home (part 2)

Authors note
Hey lot! Here's the first real part to Going Home. Hope ya like it friends.
-Mxx
----------------------------------------------

The air was cold. What's new? Not much really. It's Brighton, hell, this is the weather all the time.

I walked down the street. I was coming back from the beach.

I had managed to bring a single pebble from the shore all the way onto the sidewalk just by kicking it.

I kept my head down, to look at the pebble as I kicked it. My hands hidden from the cold in my pockets.

It was fairly early. I had just ran to the beach to get some writing done.

Brighton Beach has always been one of my favorite places. My parents used to take me there after school to do homework, just because home never felt like home. Not just for me, but my parents. That's why I've always wanted to move back. I wanted to give home another shot. And so far, it hasn't really worked. Brighton was home, yes, but it was missing something. Probably PJ.

Whatever...

My mind started to stray from the pebble and back to my writing.

Writing scripts is harder than you might think.

My mind shifted from strange character to another and back again, I couldn't help but think of PJ. His creatures and mine are so very different but have always seemed to co-exist together.

Eventually, I reached my flat. I lived alone so I had plenty of space all to myself. Sometimes it was awesome, but I have to admit, it can get lonely. But I can blast music in there and no one will care. All my neighbors are young people so they never really complain. Once the kids from next door came over and asked if they could party with me.

I wasn't partying but I certainly let them join me.

Their names are Idina and Taylor. They are the only people I've made anything close to my friends. Idina is the kind of girl to strike you as one thing. Tumblr. And Taylor is quite comic and great at telling jokes. He has always reminded me of Chris Kendall. Both of them were straight out of Secondary School and take online university classes.

I unlocked the door and shut it behind me, kicking off my shoes. I threw my bag onto the sofa and plugged my phone into my speakers.

I played my go-to song, Gives You Hell by The All American Rejects. (A.N., it's up at the top for you, as always xx)

I cranked the volume all the way up and drowned out my thoughts.

I danced and head banged around the flat. I rocked out like a jackass for a while.

Before I knew it, you best believe that Idina and Taylor showed up.

I let them in and we danced for god knows how long. It could haven been hours, but I didn't really mind it. I enjoyed the company.

"So where have you two been about, today?" I turned down the music.

"We've been in. Gotta get good grades, right?" Taylor sat on the couch next to Idina.

"Grades." I whispered to myself. "Eh yeah grades." I scoffed. "Keep that brain box in top shape. You'll need it." I sat on the other couch, facing them.

They are the cutest couple I think I've ever seen. They are always so attached to each other and the way that Taylor looks at Idina reminds me of how PJ used to look at me.

"Hey! You guys want to stay for diner? I'm ordering sushi!" I lit up.

Taylor looked down at Idina. "Yeah that sounds great." He said.

-

I turned on the TV so watch a movie. I put on Netflix and selected Punch Drunk Love and hit play.

The food hadn't arrived yet, but we were all placed comfortably in my living room. I sat on one sofa and they sat on the other.

The bell rang.

"Ooh foods here." I jumped up and bolted for the front door.

I quickly unlocked it and swung it open.

And guess what little fucker was standing at my door... Here's a hint. It wasn't the delivery dude...

"PJ!" I yelled and threw my arms around his neck. He lifted me up and spun me around.

"I told you everything would work out." He whispered and kissed me.

This kiss was like an Olympic Gold Medal. I've waited for almost a year for this kiss.

"You're home!" I pulled him inside.

I wrapped my arms around his waste and hugged him tightly. He hugged back and sat his head on my head, I had my face tucked into his neck.

"I've missed you, my space princess."

"I've missed you, too, Peej." I pulled us apart.

I grabbed his hand and lead him into the living room.

"Idina, Taylor, this is PJ, my uh... My boyfriend." The word 'Boyfriend' almost didn't settle right with me.

"Hey nice to meet you two." PJ nodded and shook both of their hands.

"You too." Taylor said.

"So this is the famous PJ Liguori that you never shut up about." Idina looked over at me.

I blushed and PJ pulled me close. "That's my girl."

I threw myself on the couch and PJ followed. I laid with my head on one arm rest and my feet on the other. PJ was basically on top of me. His head was on my chest, butt in between my thighs, and his legs draped off the other arm rest. I wrapped my arms over his shoulders and laid my hands on his chest.

I bent down and kissed the top of his head. I could smell his shampoo. Oh how I missed the sent of his shampoo.

Idina and Taylor escorted themselves out, respectfully, completely forgetting about their sushi that hadn't yet arrived.

-

"What are you doing here anyways? It's the middle of the week, don't you have class?" I rubbed his chest.

"I might have just... Graduated early." He bit his lip and tilted his head back to make eye contact with me.

"YOU DID! Awww I'm so proud of you!" I laughed and squeezed him tightly.

"Aren't I great."

"Hey you! Don't get too cocky. You're the one who made me come and live by myself like a widow for almost a year." I raised an eyebrow. "Don't you think that I'm not still mad." I scoffed playfully.

"You have the right to be, but aren't you happy that I'm here now." He rolled over onto his stomach, resting an arm on each side of my waist.

"Certainly." I puckered my lips and he got the message. PJ lowered down and pecked my lips sweetly.

This is the best day ever. Ever!

"Oh and I have a surprise for you." PJ said, as his eyes lit up.

"OOOOH what?"

"I might have brought my stuff here with me. Like ALL of it." He giggled.

"YOU'RE MOVING IN!" I squirmed. "This is the best day of my life!"