4-How To Save A Life (part 3)

Authors note,
          (See previous note)
           -M xx
----------------------------------------------

I shook PJ awake. We were going to be late for my doctors appointment!

He finally opened his eyes. I motioned for him so get out of the bed. I then pointed to my watch.

I was trying to tell him that we had to hurry.

PJ finally realized what I was trying to get across to him and he jumped up. He rummaged threw the closet looking for something to wear.

He got dressed in a white Oxford shirt and black skinny jeans. I had on a black jumper and some skinny denim jeans.

We both finished getting ready in record time. We both put out shoes on and got to the train station.

-

The doctors office was cold, as everything was to me. But the doctors office was another kind of Cold. It was sad and depressing. People finding out that they are ill or dying isn't a present thing. No one likes doing to the doctor, but we do it anyways.

The lady at the front desk gave me a clip board of paperwork to fill out.

We sat in the waiting room for a while and I finished up my paperwork. The whole time PJ never let go of my other hand.

"Mrs. Liguori?" A nurse called out.

I ignored the fact that she thought that we were married. It's not like I could have said anything.

She took us back to a small room.

"We are going to take some blood pressure and look at our heart beat, ok?" She said.

I nodded and looked over at PJ. He looked nervous. He was ringing his hands and touching his neck a lot. Keep your cool, man.

The nurse took my blood pressure. Her face went from happy and smiley to oh shit very quickly.

"Uh- hold on a second ma'am." She told me. "I'm going to get Dr. Katilyn." She darted out of the room. Dr. Katilyn was my specialist Doctor, meaning I only spoke to him when there was a problem. 

"Keep your cool." I mouthed to PJ.

He nodded hesitantly.

After a few minutes Dr. Katilyn and a team of nurses lined up into the room.

I took out my phone and started typing in notes.

"What the hell is happening? (Say this out loud for me)" I typed and handed it to PJ.

"She wants to know what the hell is going on." PJ spoke loudly to them. "And frankly, I want too know that as well."

"We're afraid that uh- tha cancer has gotten worse. It seems that it has doubled. We are very sorry." Dr. Katilyn told me. He sounded as if he was also upset.

"What the hell does that mean? Where does that put her now?" PJ said, tears running down his cheeks.

"Your time is getting shorter. We think you may only have a month." The nurse from earlier spoke.

My brain wasn't processing this. I was dying faster. This is bad.

Some how, PJ managed to not knock someone out. He just sat crying. I sat crying. I pretty sure Dr. Katilyn even shed a tear.

The nurses and Dr. Katilyn left to give us some privacy.

PJ stood up and hugged me gently, trying his best not to hurt me further.