four

"wait..what?" her voice cracked. did I say it that loud?

i look up from my hands. "freya, we all have a death wish that we're assigned to and well.. i was always a rule breaker." i teased but she didn't budge from the scowl plastered on her face.

"are you saying..-" she couldn't finish the sentence so i interrupted.

"indeed i am." i respond which only makes her eyes stare at me in longing sadness.

"that's- that's never the answer cole. it only hurts everyone else then the cycle repeats." freya took a seat across from me.

"maybe then they'll notice.." i trail off realizing i was saying too much.

"i notice you." she says slowly.

"you don't know me." i responds. she only feels bad for the suicidal guy, no one actually cares.

"i would like to, though." her voice coming out like an aching pain.

i shake my head and close my eyes. reaching into my jacket pocket for my pack of cigarettes then putting one in between my lips. taking out my lighter, firing up the ends of the cancer stick and inhaling deeply.

"you shouldn't smoke cigarettes." freya says with her usual calming voice.

"cigarettes are food for broken souls." i tell her with hooded eyes and inhaling the cigarette again.