seven

we walk until i see the tallest apartment building and stop.

"this where you live?" freya looks up then back to me with scrunched eyebrows.

"no but i think this is the time we'll depart." i made a line with my lips, feeling my heart ache just a bit for her knowing exactly what i want to do when i get up there

"for you to jump from this very tall building? ha! i don't think so." freya walks towards the entrance. "you first."

i look at her stunned but she only holds a proud smile on her face.

"fine." i mumble then enter the white building and heading straight to the stairwell.

there's 15 levels to this building and by the eighth stairwell, freya leaves the staircases and went on the elevator while dragging me along. we went all the way up to the last floor then went back into the staircase to go to the rooftop.

once we make it i feel like i'm closer to the stars then ever before. breathing in the fresh warm breezy air. i walk closer to the edge and lean against the rail that separated a suicide and a boy away from each other.

only seconds later freya joins me while we look out over our beautiful city.
things as beautiful as this city and freya gives me hope for a change but not in me.

no one will be able to change me, i'm a broken and shattered cd.
no matter how perfectly you tape it back together, it will never play again.