five

she wouldn't let me leave.

i've been sitting here in the diner all day until her shift was over. she would glance at me every now and then to make sure i didn't move, she almost didn't let me go take a piss but i convinced her.

her shift was over in 20 minutes around 10pm so i occupied myself with another cigarette and my music.
putting in my earphones and blanking out the world and its problems.

after 20 minutes passed freya walked over to me and smiles.

"i'm off." she actually sounds excited. it didn't seem like that bad of a job.

"i know the job isn't that bad but trust me with my schedule, it's a lot." she says as if she was reading my mind.

"you're busy?" i ask curious.

"yeah, I guess.. even though it's summer i still have to do a lot of summer homework." she shrugs and plays with her fingers.

"you're in school?" my interest growing.

"yeah, college." she rolls her eyes. "i want to quit so bad. it's really hard."

"don't quit, you have so much to learn and good things comes out of college." i smartly respond.

"oh look at you, being a hypocrite. i could say the same things about you." she smirks with one eyebrow raising up.

"i can afford to be a hypocrite. i have nothing to live for."