eleven

who could ever hurt her? how can someone hurt someone so precious? she was an ice sculpture, so beautiful to look at but easy to break. who would want to wreck something so beautiful?

"what?" i inquired. my eyes grew a tad bit bigger and i gapped at her.

"he's a deadbeat." freya added on, rolling her eyes. "at 9 was the last time i seen him. he came home and argued with my mom then left, never came back. at first i thought i was okay with only my mom but everyone needs a dad."

freya sighs deeply and i almost pull her into a tight hug but i declined my thoughts of action.

"i wish my dad was a deadbeat." i disgustedly spit.

"why?" confusion on her face.

"because everyday after work, i would hear another drunken slur and feel another painful punch in the stomach." my voice seem so heavy, trying to hold everything back.

freya gasped, her eyes grew 2x bigger and her mouth wide open in horror. i can see the liquid at the rim of her eyelids as she tries to hold it back.
this is why i just couldn't tell her, i don't need anyone feeling sorry for me.
i just want to get drunk, high, and fuck up my life more than it already is because it will never get better.

"that's-that's not okay cole." freya voice cracks.

"i know.." i quietly speak.

"do you want to talk about it?" she scoots closer to me and lean into my torso, wrapping her arms around my waist sideways.

"will that help?" i ask, liking the feeling of her arms around me.

"maybe."