thirteen

once we make it to freya's home, we went straight to her room. walking through the house quietly to make sure we didn't wake her parents.

soon as the door to her room opens, i'm stunned. i didn't expect her room to look like this at all. she was in college so i expected her room to look plain because she would only be here for 3 months during summer. i was proven wrong.

the first thing i noticed were the pink lights that hung around her room, next the queen sized bed with purple and white pillow and a zebra comforter that match with the shades hanging on the two window with a beach towel that says "young souls".

her room was really artsy and creative. i liked freya's mind.

"okay, i know you'll think it's weird but i have a vintage record player so that's what we'll be listening to it on." she shrugs but a smile spreads once i nod.

"okay, this is erykah badu, on & on." freya winks at me and i smile.

she goes over the record player and starts to play the song.
the beat starts off hyped then slows down as the high pitched woman starts to sing. i look over at freya and she's already mouthing the words and swaying to the beat with her eyes closed.

i smile, admiring her as she gets more into the song as it goes on.
i listen to the words the woman is saying and i feel like i could somewhat relate. i can understand her intelligence. certain lyrics jumping out at me.

"you're rushin into destruction 'cause you don't have nothin' left
the mothership can't save you so your ass is gonna' get left"

once the song is over freya looks at me.

i smile. "i love it, honestly."

"good because i have so many more records." she chuckles and winks at me again.