ten

when i heard the rooftop door squeak loudly i knew she was here and i can feel my stomach get a funny feeling.

freya walks up from behind me and snakes her arms around my waist from behind then squeezed. my eyes close tightly while i nearly become paralyzed. she has a weird affect on me and i know that isn't good.

"hi." her voice tiny and calming.

"i didn't think you were actually coming." i watch as she takes her arms from around me and lean on the railing beside me.

"i said i was, didn't i?" her tone coming out sarcastically.

i don't respond but smile. freya sighs as she looks over the city, her eyes seem to glisten. her skin seem to glow underneath the moon. i glance back out over the city but revert my eyes back to freya.

"you want to smoke again?" i ask her and her eyebrows crease. she lightly shakes her head then stares into my eyes.

"is that all you do?" she questions me.

"what else can i do when i'm feeling low?" i stare back at her.

"what happened to you cole? who hurt you?" freya ask with a pained tone.

i keep quiet but i know how persistent this girl can get so i wouldn't be able to get away from this one. playing with my fingers, i bite down on my bottom lip and look back over to her.

"i have daddy issues." i say with a shrug.

"don't we all?.." she responds with a whisper.