twenty-two

we watch as two guys with black masks get out the car and walk up to her. knowing this routine from the back of my hand, i push freya behind me as quickly as i could. with my sudden movement i can tell freya started to become worried because her breathing quicken.

"well hello cole," the familiar voice rang through my skull, landon. "you know i thought i could trust you but it seems you're just another snake that needs the skin peeled off."

"what are you talking about?" i spit at him, truly confused. i did the drop off and gave him the money. there shouldn't be a problem.

"oh, you know exactly what i'm talking about cole. first, you steal from me and then you give me fake money?" landon only gotten closer and closer to my face until his nose touched mines. "after everything i did for you! after killing that bastard and letting you watch him die slowly, this is how you repay me?!"

"i swear landon,-" i try to explain but he interrupted.

"now who should i put on the ground first? you, or this pretty little lady behind you?" he smirks.

"you're not touching her." i say coldly. looking into his eyes and not moving a muscle.

"don't worry, i have nothing against the black bitch." landon responds. "although, someone has to pay and i think it'll be you."