two

2 ; you could date an old man

To her surprise, Saoirse and Nova got along like two peas in a pod. Nova only said a few words—daddy, water, hungry, and money (Saoirse had taught her that one)—but still, Saoirse felt as though they communicated perfectly. So, in all honesty, she didn't terribly mind this new babysitting job of hers.

Robert didn't return back to his mansion until midnight, which bothered Saoirse—she had to cancel her plans with one of the few friends she had thanks to Robert and his selfishness. So, when he returned home, the teenager wasn't happy.

"I'm sorry I got back so late...there was a lot of traffic." Robert offered a weak excuse, leaving Saoirse to rase her eyebrows.

"Eight hour traffic? Thank god we're just neighbors, then." She responded, sarcastically.

Robert gave the seventeen year old a look. "Did you eat anything?"

"No." Saoirse sighed. "Nova ended up being awake all day, so I couldn't go home and get anything. Your kitchen is devoid of food other than that of which is for your daughter—how do you survive?"

Robert shrugged, "I'm never at home. I eat out. That is, until she showed up." Robert motioned to his sleeping daughter, who Saoirse gingerly held.

Saoirse continued to sway the baby around in her arms as she silently gazed up at Robert with her large blue eyes. "Well, now that I'm here, will you not spend as much time with her?"

Robert shook his head. "Of course not. It's just...now I can return back to my proper work schedule, and things can go back to normal." the Pole shrugged. "I've ordered a pizza and you can stay and eat with me, if you'd like. Or you can just home."

"It sounds like you'd like for me to go home." Saoirse rose her eyebrows.

"No," Robert paused. "I'd like it very much if you stayed, actually."

Saoirse sat down on the couch, still holding Robert's sleeping daughter. "Then I will stay."

Robert glanced over at Nova before sighing and running his fingers along his daughter's soft cheek before looking back up at Saoirse, retracting his hand. That's it?, she thought. No kiss on the cheek or even inquiry as to whether or not he can hold the girl? "Why don't you put her to bed?" Saoirse suggested, holding Nova forth.

Robert nodded and carefully took her into his arms. "Good idea," he spoke. Though the expression on his face said otherwise, and that was when Saoirse made a realization; Robert Lewandowski did not want to be a father at all.

"On second thought," Saoirse bit her lip. "I'll do it. You might wake her up, or something."

Robert stood up, gave Saoirse a confused frown, and shook his head. "No, it's okay. I haven't been with her all day."

Saoirse swallowed. "Alright," She mumbled.

Robert gave the girl one last look before turning and going up the stairs. Does she not trust me with my own daughter, or something? Shaking off that thought, he listened as the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" Saoirse sang out. She opened the door and stared at the boy, a young one that she recognized from school, who stood before her.

They instantly recognized one another. Saoirse sat one seat behind him in chemistry, and often she had to his pass notes to his friend, who sat behind her. Usually, she read those notes—so she knew a lot about the young German boy. When he realized that she was reading his notes, however, he began to flirt with her; writing things like the girl who sits behind me is pretty and she has a cute accent. Despite his attempts at winning her affection, Saoirse chortled and tossed them on to his friend.