twenty one

21; the first night of christmas
a/n : there's smut in this chapter

//

Christmas Day had come much faster than Saoirse figured it would. Robert was officially dating Ivana, Saoirse supposed, and she didn't know whether or not she should feel bad for the Pole or for herself.

As aforementioned, Ivana was rather trashy, and carried herself with an attitude filled with shameless hauteur—this was a woman that Robert was probably going to have to spend the rest of his life with. Saoirse, on the other hand, had to live with the fact that her lover was going to marry her sister for the sake of his company's salvation.

And with that being said, she felt bad for Ivana, too—because this wasn't a relationship based off of love, and if there was anything she thought her sister deserved, it was someone who truly loved her as much as she loved them.

Well, Saoirse thought, She can find someone to love her—but it won't be Robert, that's for sure.

Robert's mother, Iwona, was visiting, and Milena's fiancé had flown over from his job in Warsaw as well—but because it was so large, the presence of guests didn't really make Saoirse's house seem any fuller.

It was evening, and Nova had gone to sleep long ago. The presents had already been gifted—Saoirse gifted Robert with expensive and delicious smelling cologne, another expensive watch, and a beautiful red tie, knowing that anything too sentimental would arouse confusion—and he claimed he couldn't give Saoirse her gift until later that night, leading the seventeen year old to think all day that it was likely something that involved bedroom activities.

"Oh, God. We're out of wine! On an occasion like this, alcohol should never run short." Aleksander stared at an empty bottle—probably the fifth of the day, between all of the people in the house except for Nova and Saoirse—and frowned.

"Aleksander, it's no big deal. Saoirse, run to the store and get us some more wine, will you?" Roisin glanced over at her daughter.

Saoirse fiddled with her thumbs. She looked stunning, clad in a red velvet dress and off-the-shoulder sleeves that appropriately clung to her figure while her long hair was in a tight ballerina bun, a few loose tendrils framing her delicate face. "I can't drive there." She finally stated, her voice a little dull. Ivana's arm hadn't left Robert's body nearly the entire day, and it was killing her. "I can go check the cellar."

"No, don't do that. I'll drive." Robert suggested, smoothly. "I actually had a few things I wanted to grab from the store, too."

"Don't be ridiculous, you two." Ivana rolled her eyes. "No store is open on Christmas Day. The nearest liquor store open is probably in Starnberg, and that's a forty minute drive."

"I'm sure there's one closer, Ivana. We'll just drive around the city until we find an open store. It's a big city, I know there has to be some place." Robert tore his body out of her possessive grip and headed to the door.

"In that case, Saoirse doesn't need to go." Ivana spoke, eyeing her sister. "I will."

"Don't be silly, Ivana. Saoirse has been useless this entire day, now's her chance to do something with herself. You'll stay here and she'll go."

Saoirse blinked. Robert felt terrible for her. She looked to be on the brink of tears, and she hadn't really been given anything by her own family—evidently, she had all she could want in terms of material items, but he was certain that even a heartfelt card would've made her day.

Once the two were in his Audi, they drove in silence only one block away from their street before he parked his car on the sidewalk and leant forward to kiss her, his lips on hers instantly rewarded with a soft moan from the seventeen year old. In Saoirse's opinion, he pulled away all too soon; she let out a small whine as he smiled a little. "I hid all of the alcohol under the sink when you guys were opening presents."